hf1

Laundry routine?

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Laundry routine?

Postby KimmyM » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:21 am

:Giggle: prehaps I'll live dangerously this week and wear them wrinkled.

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:32 am

Ohh go on!!!! ;) I dare ya!! :giggle:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:51 am

My routine is children's bedding on Fridays (after playgroup - get rid of the sand after Callum's nap!), our bedding on Saturdays and towels and bath mats on Mondays. The nappy wash gets put on whenever the bucket gets full. And then I do other washing as and when - usually a load every day to keep on top of it. I have three clothes airers, which are usually always full (I do own a drier, but rarely use it). And then I have two laundry baskets - usually also full of washing to put away. I hate putting away ... (I tend to do it while DH baths the children of an evening.) I find having a small laundry hamper helps - makes the situation look worse than it is, so I get motivated to wash more often than when I had a huge laundry hamper. I also don't iron. ;)

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:41 am

2 loads a day. Wash, dry, put away all in the same day (unless it's dry & they can go on the line). If I don't put away straight away, I won't. Hate putting clothes away.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:17 am

KimmyM wrote::Giggle: prehaps I'll live dangerously this week and wear them wrinkled.

@KimmyM I'm with you, I iron tea towels as well...............

But then clothes and laundry are my "thing", I hardly ever vac! and don't get my DH started on how untidy the house is........

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:58 am

See I'm starting to think I'm a bit strange I vacuum at least once a day. Sweep the floors and dust ect. My only thing is the windows I can't abide cleaning windows.
My place is probably very messy to some though especially at the moment as we have so much stuff for the babies in the living room.

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:08 am

KimmyM wrote:See I'm starting to think I'm a bit strange I vacuum at least once a day. Sweep the floors and dust ect. My only thing is the windows I can't abide cleaning windows.
My place is probably very messy to some though especially at the moment as we have so much stuff for the babies in the living room.

Yep, you're strange :lol:

We vacuum once a week unless it really needs doing. Hard floors are swept daily, but mainly because of the mess the boys make eating. Dusting is weekly-ish, windows erm, once or twice a year :oops:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:14 am

KimmyM wrote:See I'm starting to think I'm a bit strange I vacuum at least once a day. Sweep the floors and dust ect. My only thing is the windows I can't abide cleaning windows.

I vacuum, sweep and dust daily here too. And I iron everything except pants so you're not that strange. :wink:

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:20 am

I hoover every day too , well the living room as the carpet is chocolate colour , plus it takes about 3 minutes!! :lol:

Upstairs gets hoovered every Friday!
Dusting I don't do , I wipe with a wet cloth every other day.
I sweep hallway and kitchen every evening , again takes ages minutes so not really a chore!

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Goddess