33%

Total votes : 27
My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Who cleans their own windows?

Postby monsterm » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:07 pm

Noticed on the laundry routine thread that a couple of people have mentioned cleaning the windows. It is a job that I would never tackle as it takes so long & you can never get them quite streak free. Luckily, I don't have to b/c dh does home maintance & cleans windows as part of that so he has all the equipment. It is a lot cheaper to get your windows done in the U.K than it is in Ireland & it surprises me that anyone would bother doing it themselves. Just interested who does it.

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Who cleans their own windows?

Postby babygrowbelly » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:16 pm

I do inside and Dh does outside, it's an unwritten agreement in our marriage :cry:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:19 pm

I do the lounge windows on the inside...............Mum occasionally does other random one's when she's here. Mum does all of hers inside & the window cleaner does the outside one's.

I would like to get a window cleaner for the outside (at least the front of the house anyway) but it's just more money atm. Many people on our street have a window cleaner though.

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:19 pm

i clean the insides every couple of week or two.
the outsides every 1/2 months

a window cleaner would be about £5/6 just for the outside and they wouldn't do the back ones. so i don't have one.
the front only has kitchen and small bedroom then bathroom and small one in hall with privacy glass.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:20 pm

Up till now I've cleaned the inside & tried to do the outside as best I can.
Meant leaning out of the windows upstairs to clean those.
But now we are in our own house, we've just got a pressure washer with a long window attachment - so we'll be able to do them all properly!

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:29 pm

We have a cloth from Lidl, you just use water and it leaves them completely streak free. We do ours inside and out, couple of times a year (front room bay more often as the boys cover it with hand prints). Our windows upstairs open so you can get your arm down the hinge side to the outside glass pretty easily. I don't think it takes that long at all 1/2hr or so max.

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:33 pm

I clean the inside ones regularly and the outside a couple of times a year or more often if i can, just counted the windows, we have 35 windows of various sizes and 2 sets of patio doors so i do what i can when i can.
When we lived in London we had a window cleaner who just did the outside at the front.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:36 pm

I have a window cleaner who cleans the outsides every month. I clean the insides on a rotation basis using an e-cloth. I hate doing the living room and my bedroom as there are 14 windows in each due to having a huge bay.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:58 pm

I clean inside probably once a month to once every 6 weeks and a window cleanerdiors the outside every 6 weeks.

Next

Return to Domestic Goddess