33%

Total votes : 27
My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Who cleans their own windows?

Postby monsterm » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:28 pm

jan3182001 wrote:a window cleaner would be about £5/6 just for the outside and they wouldn't do the back ones. so i don't have one.

You see this is what I mean. The average 3 bed terrace/semi in Ireland cost €25 for the front & back outside so I think £5 is a great price.

Must admit though that windows are one thing that I would never clean. Hate doing it even with all the professional equipment.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:44 pm

I do the insides and the window cleaner does the outside :D I was so happy to be relieved of the outsides when I found him!!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:45 pm

we have a window cleaner but today I did the outside of the lounge as the storms leftthem in a right mess

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:00 pm

Until last month i've always had a window cleaner do the outsides and i do the insides - i like windowlene for a streak free finish.

BUT.. in our recent budget cuts i've had to let the window cleaner go and am doing the windows myself. Meant to do them at the w/end but didnt get time. Must do them this week.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Gosh that is good our window cleaner is £24 every 6 weeks. (South East UK)

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:43 pm

KimmyM wrote:Gosh that is good our window cleaner is £24 every 6 weeks. (South East UK)

I thought the same ours is £15 every 6 weeks but then he does do the back too and there is a conservatory with lots of windows. Thinking about it I still don't think that's too bad!

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:46 pm

our windows actually lift out of the frames so I just lift them out and stick them in the shower to do them :hohoho:. The front balcony doors I do myself inside and out probably every 2 months. I don't think we have window cleaners here :-?

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:27 pm

Our window cleaner would only do it to his schedule - weekly in summer, possibly fortnightly through the year, but only when it suited him so he could have months off then come loads when he needed the money. I wanted monthly and he wouldn't agree to that (£5 a time which is reasonable, but not wanting clean windows enough to pay £20 a month!).

Also, he stood on a shed rather than use a ladder and broke the shed. Didn't offer to pay for it, so I went right off him!

Got the stuff to do it myself and it's a doddle, plus good fun with wee people! Upstairs opens inwards so is easy.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:09 pm

We do the insides every couple of months.I do the outsides downstairs about once or twice a year but can't reach upstairs so no idea when they were last done n they filthy! No one seems to have window cleaners here and I think they would only do the front 2 bays anyway as we are a mid terrace

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Goddess