hf1

Recycling habits

My avatar
moonsunstars2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Recycling habits

Postby moonsunstars2 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:00 pm

I try to recycle as much as poss (apart from Meat packaging - that goes in the bin) and always rinse it out (some things get a proper wash if I'm already doing a load of washing up :D) - I always think I don't want old mouldy food in my recycle bin!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:04 pm

I wash everything that goes in the recyling with soap and water, but even so my blue recycling bin still seems to get dirty :-?

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:17 pm

:oops: we only recycle what we can fit in and usually it only card and paper ect. To be honest they are so picket I got sick of the bin being left or weeks at a time full and having to sort through because I forgot to remove a lid. They only take platic bottles and tin and paper in my area everything else including food packaging in binned. We recently had a strike and my recycle bin wasn't collected for 16 weeks so it's been hard getting back into the habit of sorting bit out.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:32 pm

I recycle everything I Can...i think....only thing that goes in the bin is food waste , wrapping ie. On grapes , Satsumas , I rinse things out but don't wash/scrub them!

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby willowherb » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:31 pm

we recycle everything, im quite luck to have a great recycling bin at wher we live which takes all plastic, even my mum pops all her bits she cant recycle up to us. The animals get some of our peelings and glass we take to the bottle bank. I noramlly rince things out well or they end up being washed up with the dinner bits, i have a friend who just dumps it in dirty and i have to admit it dose bug me as it can become smelly and i hate getting bean juice on my hands :lol:

My avatar
lui-moo
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby lui-moo » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:20 am

if im doing the dishes ill rince any recycling stuff, if not i dont because i dont want to waste my water washing something that will be rewashed anyway.

Previous

Return to Domestic Goddess