hf1

Nappy Bucket

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Nappy Bucket

Postby Twinkletoes » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:53 pm

We used a bog standard nappy bucket for storing poo nappies in the bathroom after the poo had been dealt with down the loo. Oh, and night nappies too cos they are a bit whiffy for bedrooms!

Changing took place in her bedroom, so wet nappies went into a separate swing bin (cheap from supermarket) next to the changing unit. I washed every other day, smells were never an issue from either bin or bucket.

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:44 pm

I just have a cream swing bin - is the perfect size as it holds exactly one wash load so when it is full I do a wash!I just drop some tea tree oil in the bottom of it x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:42 pm

We use XL wetbags here but before that I used a large lidded toy bucket from Wilkinsons. As the others have said nappy buckets are generally too small.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:29 pm

We use a large bin with a lid that twists to lock-the one from Wilkinsons.We gave up using a mesh bag pretty quickly!

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:32 pm

DebbieP wrote:Any particularly good or particularly bad buckets?! And what can I do to prevent any bad smells? Am intending on dry pailing and using the mesh bags!

TIA

I have 2 white buckets from the nappy lady which I line with a mesh bag - one for upstairs & one for downstairs. They're much bigger than some of the other buckets so can fit a full wash load in :thumbsup:

My avatar
CrazyDiamond
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby CrazyDiamond » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:58 pm

I got one with a lid from the local hardware shop for about a fiver, does the job just fine.

I use the tiny squares of muslin cloth that i used to 'top and tail' when LO was newborn with a few drops of tea tree oil to help with the smell when the lid gets opened (ew)...

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories