Hemp boosters

My avatar
Cherylw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Hemp boosters

Postby Cherylw » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:37 am

Hello,

Now that Charlotte is getting to be a heavier wetter, i've decided its time to move on to hemp inserts to go with the bamboo, rather than just microfibre and bamboo.

I only use pockets, and have mainly bumgenius, but also have weenotions and upsydaisy.

I was looking at bigger weeds hemp inserts as they are on bogof, but have also come accross these 3 layer hemp boosters at nappycentral for £1.80 each which are 2 layers hemp fleece and 1 layer hemp jersey http://www.nappycentral.co.uk/3-layer-hemp-booster-286-p.asp

Money is an issue so i want to spend as little as possible. I realise if i'm using the nappy central boosters i would probably need to use 2 together, but i wondered if anyone had used either of these and which you would recommend or which you think will be best. Or if there are any others you can recommend instead that are still a good price

thanks in advance,

Cheryl

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Hemp boosters

Postby Annette » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:31 am

I have one of the nappy central ones but to be honest I find the easy peasy ones better and they are only 20p more. They are both the same size but the easy peasy ones are thicker.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:06 am

Love easy peasy boosters, have a few big weeds, they are pretty bulky and probably to big for charlottes nappies at the moment, they fidded perfectly into Jak's large fuzzis! I'd say go for easy peasy boosters, the delivery is free so that would probably make up the difference!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:42 am

Don't know how many you need but there's a bundle on used nappies at the moment
http://www.usednappies.co.uk/12-Easy-Pe ... on_details

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:44 am

Mummyof3 wrote:Don't know how many you need but there's a bundle on used nappies at the moment
http://www.usednappies.co.uk/12-Easy-Pe ... on_details

with the postage they are only £1 cheaper (if you get them for the starting bid) than getting them new, however, used is probably better for hemp boosters, all the work getting them up to scratch is already done!

My avatar
Cherylw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Cherylw » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:21 pm

ooh noo - i didn't see that in time - and have just ordered from easy peasy!
Preloved would have been good as all the absorbancy would have been there! Oh well!

Looks like i've got loads of washing to do! :)

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:02 pm

just stick them in with the rest of your washing for a few days they'll be up to sratch in no time!

My avatar
Cherylw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Cherylw » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:02 pm

Cheers Hanna!

Looks like i'll have to give the fabric conditioner a miss for a few washes of clothes then! :)

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories