boosters and inserts

My avatar
plollyblob
Clothie
Clothie

boosters and inserts

Postby plollyblob » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi

I have got myself lots of pockets but havent got anything to stuff them with. I have lots of prefolds and terry nappies, for normal daytime use do I just need one terry nappy folded to stuff it?

Also can someone please tell me if inserts are the same as the booster pads you can get please? How many inserts do I need in one pocket for normal daytime use?

Sorry for questions but first time with pockets.

Thank s

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: boosters and inserts

Postby Louise » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:47 pm

A booster is used to add absorbency to any nappy whereas a pocket insert is specifically designed for use in a pocket nappy. You can use boosters inside pocket nappies as inserts as long as they fit well. It's important that the insert is wide enough to fit the pocket and it lays flat otherwise you'll get leaks.

Youll be able to use your terry squares or prefolds in pockets. How successful they are will depend on how heavy a wetter your LO is. You could use one folded terry square or prefold with a hemp insert underneath. Our favourite hemp inserts are from Easy Peasy nappies, they're 5 for £10.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:26 am

I replied to this in pockets, but wanted to add that trifolded bamboo terry squares are great in pockets!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:37 pm

It might be a little bit of trial and error until you find exactly what works for you but you can use pretty much anything to stuff pockets with. Alot of people like to use the Easy Peasy boosters Louise mentioned and you can add absorbency with microfibre cloths you get from the supermarket!

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories