hf1

Camomile paper liners

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Camomile paper liners

Postby Rae » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:26 pm

Was just wondering if anyone had used the camomile paper nappy liners. They seem rather expensive at approx £4.50 for 50 liners, but are supposedly good if for nappy rash. Wonder if it would ever be worth getting them.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:24 pm

i never bought them (and i bought everything else that anyone suggested may possibly help rashes!) as i read that they are just liners that have been soaked in cammomile tea and dried and i could dip my own liners in cammomile tea, and someone said i didn't even need to wait for them to dry!
in the end i never dipped anything anywhwere (rash was so bad got perscriptive cream and used sposies) but did change my wipe mix to encorporate cammomile tea.

hope my ramble is vaguely useful in some way
Shevi

My avatar
madcatlady
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby madcatlady » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:21 pm

I used them when Edward got bad nappy rash around his 8 months teething phase.
To be perfectly honest you can do as Shevi says and it would be exactly the same - especially if you used loose chamomile to soak the liners in :)

I've got some organic chamomile ointment now, from Trevarno in Cornwall, and it works a treat.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:05 pm

I've soaked fleece liners in cold cammomile tea and put them on both wet and dry...

For horrendous nappy rash wet worked better but for minor rashes dry seemed to work better...

My avatar
madcatlady
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby madcatlady » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:09 pm

I've found that with wet for bad rashes too Steph, sometimes putting chamomile tea (loose or bags) in the bath can be really good for skin rashes of all sorts too.

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories