hf1

Extra boosting for fitteds and pockets

My avatar
lkim13
Clothie
Clothie

Extra boosting for fitteds and pockets

Postby lkim13 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:38 pm

I've got all my newborn nappies now, combination of fitteds and pockets, i'm just looking around for extra boosters incase of heavy wetting or night time. I want something i can just throw in as an extra but not sure what to get, hemp, bamboo etc?
For example i have 14 tots bots bamboozles with the attatched booster, i'm using fleece liners too but what else could i put in there if i needed to? Would be great if they could be used with the other nappies too. Some like the upsy daisy and thristies i have, have the sewn in internal booster so i don't know what it's made of or if we'll need an extra boost, hope that lot makes sence. :(
I'm a bit confused over what soaks what up in what time!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Extra boosting for fitteds and pockets

Postby tanya » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:43 pm

As it's a newborn stash, I wouldn't worry too much about boosting to begin with as you will probably be changing extremely frequently anyway, so the nappies don't actually need massive amounts of absorbancy.

Once you've got used to having a newborn and using cloth nappies, then I would consider some kind of boosting.

As for night times, you'll need to change the LO if they poo overnight and, to begin with, you'll probably change their nappy at every feed anyway. After a while, you will probably start to leave the nappy on if it's just wet, and then, depending on the size of the baby, you might want to consider dedicated night nappies.

HTH

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:26 pm

I bought EP hemp boosters after hearing everyone raving about them and they are fab! :D

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:07 pm

I second the EP hemp boosters, they are fab but may be a little big for newborn nappies?

I also have Bambinex Bamboo Booster which are fab and a bit smaller, when ds was tiny i used these on their own in his bg's :)

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:17 pm

I had to boost all of Dexters newborn nappies and I mainly used some small microfibre ones and puddlekins bamboo ones :D

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:47 am

megansmummy wrote:I second the EP hemp boosters, they are fab but may be a little big for newborn nappies?

Ahhh yes I forgot to say that I fold them so they are a little trifold booster in the wet zone of Findlay's nappy otherwise they are miles too long and too wide

My avatar
gingercc
Clothie
Clothie

Postby gingercc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:06 pm

Newbie help needed ....... EP means????? And a handy link to where they can be bought is .......
(thank you!!)

Also someone on another forum mentioned French soy terry (?) as being the best thing since sliced bread - what are peoples opinions on this and again is there a handy link from some kind person out there??

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:24 pm

Easy Peasy (its a brand). You can get them all over, just google it :)
Dont know about the french soy sorry x

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:33 pm

Easy Peasy are here: http://s281745919.websitehome.co.uk/

Their boosters are really cheap and if you buy direct have free shipping.

We don't have any soy nappies, but I know that Upsy Daisy use that material. And they have a sale on at the moment. ;) http://www.upsydaisynappies.com/

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories