hf1

Buckets & Bags???

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Buckets & Bags???

Postby fluffycabbage » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:01 am

Ok so i need a bucket to dry pail, and a bag for inside it, and a bag for when im out n about. Is that right? Any recommendations? Thanks girls :wink:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Buckets & Bags???

Postby tanya » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:16 am

You don't HAVE to put a bag inside the pail, it can be easier to put the nappies in the washer, but we manage without. If you do want one, look for a mesh bag, without a drawstring at the top - it really doesn't need it as you don't ever close it whilst it's in the bucket, and you certainly won't want to close it in the washing machine.

You DO need a wetbag for out and about. We bought ours from WeeNotions, but you can get them from Nappies By MInki, or Babykind or Twinkle.

HTH

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:50 am

I use one of these...http://www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/acatal ... 9MESH.html

inside this....http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/Plastic-St ... K52Q%3D%3D

but i don't have a wet bag. Yet.... :wink: :wink:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:22 am

I think the best buckets are the ones you get from a hardware store. Any bucket with a lid will do and they tend to be bigger if you don't buy a nappy specific one.

You don't need a bag inside the bucket but you can get nappy meshes to line it and this can make it easier to put it all in the machine, I prefer to take the nappies out one by one though so I can check the applix is fastened etc as dh doesn't bother with that sort of thing.

Loads of places do really nice out and about wet bags. I like the one from Mommy's Touch as it is a good size and has a zip and a little handle but as I say there are loads out there.

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:46 pm

I have some great XL wet bags which you can use instead of a bucket and they look nice in your house! They are on my website - called Monkey Foot Wet Bags :D

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:53 pm

thanks everyone that very helpful :hug:

My avatar
stinkythelinky
Clothie
Clothie

Postby stinkythelinky » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:58 pm

we have used the bucket part of my nappy wrapper which I used for my 1st daughter (she wasnt a cloth bum :cry: ) have always meant to replace it, but never have. I now find that as soon as its filled up level, its the perfect wash load size! :giggle: we put a Wee Notion mesh bag into it to transfer to washing machine, but I always try to empty it into the wash to make sure everything is out as I strangely find myself standing there watching to make sure they all get out :-? and hate it when they dont! lol :oops: We have a small wet bag I bought from little gems I think it is from ebay, you can fit 3 or 4 itti's in them and they are not too expensive and come in loads of lovely patterns. :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:17 pm

I got a bin from Ikea and don't always use the mesh liner if I do I still put the nappies in the wash individually with the mesh!
We have a wet bag from clothbums but TBH I hardly ever use it, I only really ever have 1 wet nappy when we are out :oops: if we are out all day on a trip or something I take it

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:11 am

hmm might look for a bin of some sort in ikea today then :D

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories