hf1

EP hemp boosters - what now?

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

EP hemp boosters - what now?

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:41 pm

Ok ive received my EP hemp boosters (only got 5, just to see what they're like for Charlotte). So what do i do now? Do i need to wash them a lot before using? And what do i use them in? eg I have a fuzzi i wanna try out later, could i use them in that, or should i just use the insert which came with the fuzzi itself? Charlie is a heavy wetter in the morning but light/medium the rest of the time. Also got some bamboozles & ME wraps, and a bgv2, happy heiny, a WAHM pocket and some BBH. So......what first?!?! :giggle:

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: EP hemp boosters - what now?

Postby jules070603 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:51 pm

Love EP hemp here, I use one booster with a folded MF cloth on top, works a treat for us.

Wash if you want to (I probably would wash once as I always wash things first) but don't worry about absorbancy, they'll just get better after a few washes.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:16 pm

jules070603 wrote: I use one booster with a folded MF cloth on top

What else would do, as i dont have any of those :oops: an itti insert or something like that? :-?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:20 pm

You can use any other insert or booster. What you need to remember with hemp is that although it is very absorbent it doesn't absorb quickly so you need to make sure its not the layer nearest to your LOs skin. Hemp takes 8-10 washes to be up to full absorbency so you'll need to change your LO more frequently until then.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:54 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:
jules070603 wrote: I use one booster with a folded MF cloth on top

What else would do, as i dont have any of those :oops: an itti insert or something like that? :-?

BTW, I just use the ones from the supermarket in case you didn't already know that. :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:43 pm

in pockets I just use a mf cloth as well, for night times I use a petite dessous and an ep in a bamboo sandys nappy, I also have some hourglass bamboo inserts that I use on top of ep. x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:36 pm

I used to use EP hemps under the fuzzi insert itsself - that was our bomb proof combo - not the slimmest but certainly not the bulkiest!

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:13 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:I used to use EP hemps under the fuzzi insert itsself - that was our bomb proof combo - not the slimmest but certainly not the bulkiest!

thats what ive been doing - it lasts about 2 hours, which is pretty good i think! what is it that changed your mind then? (you said you used to...)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:23 am

fluffycabbage wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:I used to use EP hemps under the fuzzi insert itsself - that was our bomb proof combo - not the slimmest but certainly not the bulkiest!

thats what ive been doing - it lasts about 2 hours, which is pretty good i think! what is it that changed your mind then? (you said you used to...)

Heh I was referring to what I put in Isabelle's pockets but she's not in nappies anymore ;)
Grace pockets haven't been big enough for that yet... But I still use them - just under a mf cloth instead for slimmer...

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories