hf1

Liners

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Liners

Postby freckle » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:06 am

Is there anything else that is good like fleece for a liner? That keeps them dry and can be rewashed.

Wouldn't mind trying something different for nightime use.

Thanks

Bron x

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Liners

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:28 am

Minkee can work so I've heard. I only use fleece :)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:30 am

yes you can make/buy minkee liners...puddlekins sells minkee liners and nappies by minkee sell minkee fabric if you wanted to make your own :)

TBH I have minkee lined nappies and I still have to line them with fleece or Ds gets a red bum...

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:42 am

I only use minky liners (I buy them from clothbumsrus £2.50 for 5 and they are fab), and I think they are better than fleece, they feel nicer, wash easier, dry just as quickly (if not quicker) and seem to be lasting longer as well as there doesn't seem to be any bobbling going on. Thats just my opinion though.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:47 am

minkee liners are nice and soft, softer than fleece imo

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:53 am

They are deffinatly nicer than fleece...i wonder why ds got a red bum...maybe it was just co-incidence...i might try again :)

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:54 am

Thanks! :) Might have a look at that material to make my own.

Will keep the fleece ones for daytime though as his poos are still quite messy so I rather just throw them out and wouldn't like to throw out a minkee one!

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:57 am

zodoz wrote:Thanks! :) Might have a look at that material to make my own.

Will keep the fleece ones for daytime though as his poos are still quite messy so I rather just throw them out and wouldn't like to throw out a minkee one!

The minkee should wash clean every time, Austin exclusively breast fed and has some shocking nappies!!! Yet I don't have a single stained minkee liner! The inside of some of my pockets (fleece lined) are terrible :oops: but the minkee liners still look new! Good luck making them, I'm too lazy to do anything like that :giggle:

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:07 am

0_Lisa_0 wrote:
zodoz wrote:Thanks! :) Might have a look at that material to make my own.

The minkee should wash clean every time, Austin exclusively breast fed and has some shocking nappies!!! Yet I don't have a single stained minkee liner! The inside of some of my pockets (fleece lined) are terrible :oops: but the minkee liners still look new! Good luck making them, I'm too lazy to do anything like that :giggle:

What do you do with the poo though? When it's all stuck all over (tmi)?? Do you stick it all in the nappy bucket??

I don't make them any specific shape just cut it up into strips then cut then into rectangles the same size as the ME inserts lol. I like them big to catch everything lol

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories