hf1

can i make my own bamboo boosters?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

can i make my own bamboo boosters?

Postby angiepangie2809 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:07 pm

hi ladies. ethan is all of a sudden wetting through his nappies very fast. the microfibre cloths i have are next to useless and the normal boosters/inserts that popper in to the motherease onesize or i just lay them in his small sandys aint great either. non of his nappies are bamboo and i cant now afford to replace them with bamboo so i had a thought.....instead of buying quite expensive boosters, i have got some preloved bamboo terry sqaures coming, could i just cut these down to booster size and perhaps triple layer them (hand sewn as i dont have a sewing machine)? would this work do you think? would it be as good as a shop bought booster do you think? also what kind of hemp material would i need to buy to make my own boosters with that? and any idea where i can get it from cheap?
Also how many layers would make the best boosters?
thanks from angie

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: can i make my own bamboo boosters?

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:16 pm

Absolutely - but no need to sew them just tri-fold them and pop them into your nappy, they'll dry quicker that way :)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:03 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Absolutely - but no need to sew them just tri-fold them and pop them into your nappy, they'll dry quicker that way :)

wss, I do that, I have a few 40x40cm bamboo terry sq's and I fold them up usually in half then half again rather than tri fold but that is personal preference. x

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:06 am

WTS :) I tri fold mine and they work great!

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:18 am

fab. thanks for the advice ladies!

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories