Questions regarding liners

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Questions regarding liners

Postby caeganol » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:49 pm

Hello there,

My LO is starting nursery on monday and I have just realised :oops: :oops: :oops: I haven't thought of the liners yet.
As I was looking through the websites, I came across some, but I want to ask couple of questions please. :? :? :? :? :?

Does the paper liners keep the bum dry???
Which liners on a roll should I order for the nursery??
Has anyone got any experience with the one below. They seem cheaper but hopefully nat at the cost of causing discomfort to the baby.
Bambinex flushable nappy liners.

Please help.
Thanks

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:11 am

Hi Sukhi, they dont' keep your lo as dry as fleece but they aren't too bad! Makes up for the ease of use for nursery etc. I've not tried those ones, I use these

babykind.co.uk/boostersandliners.htm#biolights

as it says they are nice and thick so you can wash the wet only ones adn reuse them!! hths!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:16 am

Paper liners don't keep the bum as dry, but I had thought (anyone feel free to correct me) that if you have something like a bumgenius with the integrated fleece then they would stay a little drier than a liner on a 2 part nappy without the fleece. We have tried a few different type of paper liner, and found not much in it. I generally order a roll of paper liners when I am ordering something else from a nappy shop in order to combine the postage.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:17 am

We don't use paper liners at home as I don't find they keep them dry at all really and also find them quite wasteful. However, they do make life much easier for nursery (and for Mum as you don't have to clean so much poo off the nappies).

I actually add a fleece liner and a paper one on top to keep Charlotte dry as I found she got a red bum with just paper.

We have used a few different ones. Haven't tried the Bambinex ones though so don't know what they are like. I think we are using popolino ones at the mo (they come in a box like tissues so are easy to do one handed!) I don't like the Junior Joy ones - they are a bit like the tracing paper toilet roll you used to get at school, all thick and scratchy.

I always try to wash a re-use wet liners as I am a cheapskate!

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:59 am

Right,
My dilemma!!!!!!!!!
LO has been using liners in nursery and has come up with a rash since 2 days. He only had a rash once before, so I am thinking is it the liners.
But nursery says they prefer liners.
What can I do????????
Please hel[p.
Thanks in advance.
xxxxxxxxx

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:13 am

We use Imse Vimse paper liners and find them great, they keep Rhys' little bum very dry. We made the mistake at the start of folding them in half so that they fit the small nappies, and due to that we thought they were rubbish as he wasn't happy to stay in a nappy very long at all and his bum was always wet when we took the nappy off. We started cutting them in half rather than folding and once there's only one layer of paper his bum stays lovely and dry and his skin is sooooooo soft.

Imse Vimse ones come in 2 sizes I think, we got the small size, and for very small nappies they need to be cut, but for prefolds and larger nappies (size 2 bamboozles) they fit as they are.

Those liners are flushable, and also compostable if you prefer to do that.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:07 pm

caeganol wrote:Right,
My dilemma!!!!!!!!!
LO has been using liners in nursery and has come up with a rash since 2 days. He only had a rash once before, so I am thinking is it the liners.
But nursery says they prefer liners.
What can I do????????
Please hel[p.
Thanks in advance.
xxxxxxxxx

I'm quite hard with the nursery - it's not up to them what they 'prefer' - if paper liners give your LO a rash then the nusery will have to cope with fleece liners.
Afterall you are paying them to care for your LO so if they have to 'cope' (ha!) with fleece liners then that's what you're paying them for.

Mine just wrap up pooey nappies and I deal with them when I get home (not the most pleasant job but better than rashes!)

My avatar
sjb2711
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sjb2711 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:35 pm

We use ultra flushable bio liners and have no problems with rashes. Little green earthlets sell them but I've found an identical product that's much cheaper £2.35 verses £2.99+ for 100 liners. The only difference is that they're not wrapped in plastic packaging. They can be washed and reused if you want to.

**http://www.spiritofnature.co.uk/acatalog/1092.html

Hopefully this link will take you straight to the product.

Sarah

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:50 pm

i put a paper liner over a fleece one to keep him dryer but also have easier Poo disposal

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories