hf1

Questions regarding liners

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:13 pm

Ditto to what Shevi says. Easier for nursery and easier for Mum!

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:59 pm

shevi says.

i put a paper liner over a fleece one to keep him dryer but also have easier Poo disposal

But isin't the same as having fleece lined pockets and using paper liners.
I am using BG's and blueberry's so they are all fleece lined.

Does that means that is not the reason why R got a rash.
They haven't been changing him frequently enough, could that be a reason. I have told them off on friday and will repeat the same tomorrow.
xxxxxxxxxx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:43 pm

caeganol wrote:shevi says.

i put a paper liner over a fleece one to keep him dryer but also have easier Poo disposal

But isin't the same as having fleece lined pockets and using paper liners.
I am using BG's and blueberry's so they are all fleece lined.

Does that means that is not the reason why R got a rash.
They haven't been changing him frequently enough, could that be a reason. I have told them off on friday and will repeat the same tomorrow.
xxxxxxxxxx

That is often a probelm when people start with cloth at nursery, just keep on at them, it could be that, Louis can flare up quickly if he has been left too long!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:46 am

I find Charlotte's nursery quite good. They have set changing times but they do mean that she gets changed 3 or 4 times in an 8 hour day.

We put her nappy on at around 7am and she has her first change at around 10.00am. Then after nap at 1pm and the final scheduled change is at 4pm but she does sometimes manage to slip another change in there somewhere with a poo!

I find this works very well with Charlotte and is what they use for all the other babies who are in disps. Because they should be changed frequently whatever they are wearing!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:33 pm

Isabelle drinks bucket loads at nursery and needs to be changed every 2-3hours until I get some more boosters!

One of the problems we've found with her coming home from nursery with rashes is two-fold.
With cloth nappies after you have wiped baby you really should dry them too, chances are they're not doing that
Also they see nappy changing as a chore and to be over and done with as quick as... Therefore they're often not very thorough or gentle when cleaning her - leaving traces of poo behind and she ends up with blisters... Have hopefully cracked this recently after talking to her primary carer about it...

So yes - I'd ditch the paper (if you're using fleece lined pockets what do they need paper liners for?!) and get them to change every 3 hours - making sure if it's going to go over that and a nap is due, they change before the nap (had a few occasions of being left in a sodden nappy for 5hrs because she was asleep...)

HTH

Steph

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories