hf1

making fleece liners...Excuse my stupidity:-)

My avatar
beaubelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

making fleece liners...Excuse my stupidity:-)

Postby beaubelle » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:33 am

Hi there!

I have a few old fleecy jumpers that I was planning on getting rid of, but thought maybe I could make some liners out of them?... I am a complete newbie when it comes to cloth and currently am pregnant on my first, and plan to use cloth (am currently building my stash!!) so have no experience yet!

Was just wondering what size to make them?... Do I just cut them up in rectangles, using the inside of the nappy as a guide? Do they line the full length of the nappy iykwim? Does it matter if the fleece quality isn't great? (it's quite a thin fleece)

Sorry if all these are really basic questions, but I have no real clue as you may have guessed! :oops:

Also, could you use one of the fleecy blankets you can buy in Penneys quite cheap and cut it up into liners?

Thanks!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: making fleece liners...Excuse my stupidity:-)

Postby mabo » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:45 am

I dont think they are basic questions at all!

But I'd say the answer would be yes to all your questions :D I'd have them line the entire width and most of the length of the nappy - especially if you are looking at using them for newborns as their poo tends to get squashed about more than solid poo so you want to have as much coverage as possible.

I do think though that you might want to avoid it sticking out on the sides to avoid it actually exploding out!

And yes those blankets are fine - though make sure they are not too thick as they might end up too liquidproof and not let any fluid through at all.

And the good thing about fleece is that it doesnt fray so you really just have to cut to size, dont even have to bother putting a hem on it.

Have fun :D

Oh and any smaller bits can be used for wipes too :wink:

My avatar
beaubelle
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby beaubelle » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:47 pm

Thank you :hug:

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:53 pm

also if you save the sleeves you can make fleece trouser for lo :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=25644

is the step by step

My avatar
MrsWeirdo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby MrsWeirdo » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:02 pm

Fab link Wytch :D I'll be giving that a go :)

My avatar
fimc
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby fimc » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:44 pm

So I don't have to hem? That's great news :lol: I was just about to cut up a cheapie fleece blanket for liners and figured I'd be there for hours sewing!!

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories