hf1

Recommend me - Flushable Liners (for short term use)

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Recommend me - Flushable Liners (for short term use)

Postby litlestar » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:56 am

We had our last NCT Antenatal class last night and they handed out dolls with filled nappies - needless to stay hubby turned round to me and said 'are you sure about there reusable nappies?'
I positively responded with - 'of course we are'
(it wasn't real poop but was designed to simulate what to expect from normal formula fed/breast fed and ill baby)

Realistically we can't afford long term sposies and i also didn't like the feel of those that we on the dolls, they were huggies and felt really plasticy.

so my middle ground for short term use would be some flushable liners - just until we're confident with the use of cloth with poos. there are tonnes of different types of liners - i already have some fleece ones but i feel he would be more comfy with a few flushable ones in the early days.

i've heard the onelife ones are really nice and soft but they're not that easy to get hold of whereas mothercare stock the smart nappy, mio and another brand in their stores, i want to avoid delivery charges on something so small if i can help it.

Any ideas ladies?

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Recommend me - Flushable Liners (for short term use)

Postby Vicki » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:05 pm

Lollipop stock lots of different ones and have free postage - bummis/green baby are good

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby litlestar » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:53 am

Thanks

(runs off to look)

i can't believe that hubby got squeemish over a dirty nappy! I'm determined i'm not going to be lumbered with doing EVERYTHING!
I'd much rather use my fleece ones but hey ho - i'm only buying one roll!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:42 am

yeah, i love the one life ones, they are soft, twinkle on the web have some liners that are soft too these ones are lovely :D
http://www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/acatal ... FLUSH.html

My avatar
Allie73
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Allie73 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:41 pm

I use the Boots brand flushable liners. And if they've only gotten wet, I wash them with my nappies and reuse them. They can be washed at least twice I've found. I don't put them in the dryer though, but it's okay because they're practically dry when they come out of the washer. If you do this, just be sure that all of your velcro tabs are closed or the liners will stick to them and get ruined when you try to remove them.

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories