hf1

Your opinion on EP hemp sizing

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Your opinion on EP hemp sizing

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:22 am

I bought 5 EP hemp boosters from ebay when i first started using real nappies, and ive recently bought 5 more. However the second lot are a completely different size to the first lot! :shock: Also, the first lot are quite white on the outside, whereas the second lot are a sort of beigey colour. They both feel about the same thickness.
Any ideas? The second lot are so much wider that they dont fit in half the nappies i have :-? :roll:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Your opinion on EP hemp sizing

Postby Louise » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 am

It will shrink after a few washes. EP hemp boosters are more yellow when they are new too and then fade to white eventually. We don't have probs fitting either older or newer ones in our pockets though. What nappies are you using them in?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:33 pm

I find the Ep hemps a bit wide for stuffing but i only use them in my bedbugs which are quite narrow and we dont use pocets but they did fit in our BGs like a glove :wink:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:00 pm

Im using them in fuzzis under the mf insert. Theyre just that bit too wide and end up wrinkling, which in turn causes leaks :-? Needless to say im not using the wide ones atm. Washing them a few more times to try to get them shrunk down! I thought it might be down to a shrinkage issue - but i honestly dont think the first lot were that big! And they werent as yellow either! hmmmm.....

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:08 pm

I find the ones we have fit fine in fuzzies :-?

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:18 am

I haven't used easy peasies, but on the colour thing. I've just been cutting apart some hemp inserts and the insides were still beige and the outsides white, so they defintely change colour with light/washing/age.

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:34 pm

hmm, weird.....Ive noticed now that the first lot are narrower and longer than the second lot....i think i'll have to boil the second lot :giggle: they might shrink in width enough then, but might end up as squares instead :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:23 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:hmm, weird.....Ive noticed now that the first lot are narrower and longer than the second lot....i think i'll have to boil the second lot :giggle: they might shrink in width enough then, but might end up as squares instead :giggle:

That's the sort of thing that would happen to me :giggle:

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:54 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:hmm, weird.....Ive noticed now that the first lot are narrower and longer than the second lot....i think i'll have to boil the second lot :giggle: they might shrink in width enough then, but might end up as squares instead :giggle:

i tried to shrink some weenotions hemp inserts once, and had to give up, they remained resolutely too big and only way I could get them to shrink was with a pair of scissors :wink:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories