hf1

GRRRR! Nappy liners!

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

GRRRR! Nappy liners!

Postby Cyrillia » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:29 pm

Why oh why do paper liners taunt me so?! I put them in a nappy, thinking that it won't matter as DS probably isn't going to poo... Of course, he does, stealthily though. So, when I change him I not only get a 'nice' surprise, but - lo and behold - the liner has screwed itself up into a tiny ball somehow. I've just had to sluice a nappy over a bucket in the bath, and ended up with poo all over my hand! :shock:

Is there a liner that will stay put and be easier to sluice?

Sarah
x

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: GRRRR! Nappy liners!

Postby freckle » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:39 pm

I have cut up the boys old fleece blankets and use them as liners. It ends up being much cheaper than buying fleece liners which means if I have a particularly bad poo I just chuck the liner out but all other times I just wash it with the nappy.

I've been using cloth nappies for about 5 months now and have only cut up two blankets and still have about 12 liners left.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:52 pm

we use minkee liners here, lovely and soft against Austin's bum and they do usually stay put

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:57 pm

We use fleece and Minkee liners here, they usually stay put :)

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:29 pm

Ahhhh, I've got some fleece that I have left over from the blanket I lined so I'll cut that up! I'll have to order some minkee to go with our pockets though as they're already fleece lined and I've heard not to use two layers of fleece together.

Thanks,
Sarah

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:15 pm

TBH there is little point using paper liners if you aren't expecting a poo as they don't act as a stay dry layer, are just useful for easy disposal of poo - that is if they don't scrunch up!

I use all minkee or fleece lined pockets now so don't use liners except at night when we use fitteds sometimes and I just add fleece liners.

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:02 pm

Why can't you use fleece on fleece?

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:06 pm

Oh dear :roll: Ive had to 'sluice' my daughters nappies and liners for the last 6 months! Every bf poo is a runny one, so after taking off every pooey nappy ive had to get my hands dirty! Small price to pay i say, but dp has never done it :giggle:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:13 pm

fluffycabbage wrote:Oh dear :roll: Ive had to 'sluice' my daughters nappies and liners for the last 6 months! Every bf poo is a runny one, so after taking off every pooey nappy ive had to get my hands dirty! Small price to pay i say, but dp has never done it :giggle:

Erm I've not sluiced any of Grace's pre-food nappies... BF poo is water soluable so you don't need to sluice!
Now I just get the worst off and don't worry about it - I wash at 60 anyway...

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories