hf1

Favourite paper liners

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Favourite paper liners

Postby Rae » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:04 pm

I have found that I tend just to get the paper liners I see on sale, and was wondering if people had a favourite paper liner. I have noticed a bit of a difference between the little lamb, junior joy and whatever I picked up in boots, but I don't know that I actually prefer any particular one. I should just say that I don't want to wash my paper liners (they are mainly for nursery), and I don't really care if they are flushable or not.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:16 pm

I prefer them in a roll to in a packet, but other than that I've no real preference. Even the much thicker ones don't seem to have any advantage over the thinner.

I've just had a big customer order delivered today and got some Bambinex ones. They feel a bit different, less papery, so I'm going to get some for me to try I think, I'll let you know!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:07 am

I just know that I don't like the Junior Joy ones - they feel too much like that tracing paper toilet paper you used to have at school. Most other brands I have found to be OK though.

We have actually stopped using paper liners temporarily as Charlotte has a little red bum which cleared up completely over Christmas and then came back so Mark mentioned to the ladies maybe it was the paper liners and they said they were fine not to use them so who am I to argue - saves me a little bit of money and landfill but it does mean I get more poopy nappies to unpack at home :lol:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:17 am

We can't use paper liners so I can't help really...

We find that Isabelle gets a nastily sore bum - she'd probably be okay with the thick soft ones if she wasn't teething with that ammonia rich wee (wooo the smell!) but seeing as that comes and goes who knows when we can't risk using them at all...

I'd steer clear of the tissue-paper/tracing-paper feel ones...

My avatar
ginchyworld
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ginchyworld » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:17 am

i don't like the Junior Joy ones. We use the PHP ones because I can get them in Sainsbury. They work fine.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:35 pm

I used the PHP and the Bambino Mio ones - prefered the Bambino Mio because they were softer and bigger and were on a roll rather than in a packet. I bought mine online - not sure if you can buy them as handy in the shops over here - perhaps Mothercare do them?

Sadie xx

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:48 pm

The only ones I have seen in the shops have been the tommee tippee ones in boots, but am I right in thinking that TT are no longer doing cloth, so they may no longer sell the liners????

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:56 pm

Just looked at the tt website and even the cloth nappy department has been deleted so I would suspect they are no longer making the liners either.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:18 pm

I like the boots ones! tend to just get those as and when I see them!

jan x

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories