hf1

Wetbags

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Wetbags

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:56 pm

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a reasonably priced wetbag? I havent got a decent one yet and as we are making the big switch to no more sposies this week i will need something for when we go out :)

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Wetbags

Postby daydreamer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:36 pm

do you know what size you're looking for? I stock large ones, The Mommy's touch Flights of fancy is quite cute along with the moo print. They're a reasonable priced kind of mid range one i would say. Weenotions are lushaswell, as are blueberry's but they can be expensive.

Personally I wouldn't bother with too cheap ones because they're useless, when i first started out i got a drawstring junior joy one as part of my starter kit, what a load of rubbish that was, it melted on the first wash and then it wouldn't close :oops:
Last edited by daydreamer on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:02 pm

I have a monkeyfoot and a weenotions. The monkeyfoot is my favourite, it has a zipper and is lightweight (but sturdy) the weenotions has a drawstring, and is very well made and very sturdy. I have twins so i need a BIG bag but it ends up being a bit 'heavy' and bulky.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:09 pm

I guess i just need one bug enough to hold one days worth of nappies at the moment, i can worry about a bigger one later if we ever go away anywhere!

The monkeyfoot ones are the ones with the great designs arent they? I think im drawn to them as i love the designs :D

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby daydreamer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:23 pm

oh yea i forgot about MF, i was just looking at them this morning aswell :roll: daft me :giggle: though I haven't tried them they look gorgeous and i've read good things :)

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:38 pm

We have had a blueberry minky bag (£11 i think i paid new) it washed well and had a zip :)

Then i bought a custom minkee one from Jabula, and a matching wipes bag :) This is also a zip fastener and washes well it also has a little carry handle too!

Ive heard good things about Wee notions but im not a fan of drawstring bags - we have a mahoosive Cloth bums r us minkee wetbag (holds 15 or something daft!) and that is drawstring but for love nor money would it close?? NO :( so i have to tie the remaining string round the top of the back to stop smells escaping! x

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:00 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:I have a monkeyfoot and a weenotions. The monkeyfoot is my favourite, it has a zipper and is lightweight (but sturdy) the weenotions has a drawstring, and is very well made and very sturdy. I have twins so i need a BIG bag but it ends up being a bit 'heavy' and bulky.

I've been thinking about getting a Monkeyfoot one for a while now too - do they wick at all? I wasn't sure if the outer was cotton or polyester (I bought a cheap cotton outer one from ebay and it wicks terribly :( ).

I also have a Mommy's Touch one that I use for nursery and it's still going strong after 8 months of daily use - it's very functional but a bit boring (plain pink with a zipper).

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:47 pm

Hello all - I distribute MonkeyFoot so can answer any questions!

The outer is cotton and most of the fabrics are by designers such as Amy Butler and H Alexander etc - all high quality fabrics. The inner is procare lining which is heat sealed rather than sticthed so you don't get wicking through the stitching. The zip isn't waterproof obviously but as long as you don't put a solution into the bag it is normally fine - make sure washable wipes are wrung out and they are great.

There are loads of new patterns coming in (I have sold out) but Babybots, Jabula and LizziesRealNappies have the new patterns in. My fave at the moment is Lorenza.

Most people go for large bags for everyday use, small for washable wipes or sanpro and XL are great instead of a bucket, for swimming etc too. Alot of people use medium for 1-3 nappies when popping out or for toiletries etc.

Hope that helps you answer some of your questions

Oh and NASA have just picked them over everyone else :giggle: :giggle:

Vickix

My avatar
charlala
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby charlala » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:21 pm

I would really recommend nappies by minki. I got my wet bag there. Works great, looks great, keeps well and REALLY cheap!
This is my one - http://www.minkinappies.co.uk/product_i ... 66c7ddecf2

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories