hf1

Can you recommend good boosters/inserts?

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Can you recommend good boosters/inserts?

Postby rachymoo » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Hi,

I am still relatively new to cloth but am gradually building up my collection now :D however I haven't yet been brave enough to try DD in cloth for night time. Firstly I only had 2 Itti Bittis, an AIO and a snap in one, and was told that these aren't that great for night time.

I've since been given a 2 parter to try and have also managed to get myself a lovely Little Lamb bamboo shaped nappy and wrap, these would both be ok for night time wouldnt they? (but would need to be boosted?).

I haven't yet bought any extra boosters/inserts (for night time and for those days when it's going to be an extra hour or so between changes, etc). What are good ones to get? I know for the Itti Bittis I need to get Itti Bitti ones, but for other nappies I can just use any can't I? I've been having a look on eBay but I have no idea what to get. Ideally I can't spend too much...

Thank you! :)

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Can you recommend good boosters/inserts?

Postby Emma1977 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:12 pm

For pockets I would recommend Petit D'sous supersoaker bamboo inserts (http://media.photobucket.com/image/what ... G_2650.jpg) and these combined with an Easy Peasy hemp booster are a fab combo (http://www.babykind.co.uk/boostersandli ... #hempjersy)

I also know that Greenkids double bamboo inserts and boosters work well: http://www.nappyzone.co.uk/greenkids.htm - out of stock at the mo but somewhere else may stock some.

As for boosting nappies the Petite D'sous and Easy Peasy also work for super boosting and I know people use Little Lamb bamboo boosters as well. A lot also depends on your drying facilities. If you have a tumble drier then bamboo is not a problem as you can speed the drying time user the tumbler. If you don't have a tumble drier then you may want to consider some microfibre boosters and inserts as these are very fast drying but not as absorbent as bamboo and hemp.

Generally for night time you may want to look at nappies specifically designed for night times such as Weenotions Night Notions, Holdens Landing Bedbugs and Wild Child Dreamy Plus.

Hope this helps hun :D

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:13 pm

Another vote for Easy Peasy hemp boosters here, and the greenkids bamboo inserts.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:48 pm

petits dessous are good! i wouldnt use an itti overnight personally. I am unsure whether izzy is heavy wetter or just as she feeds frequently but we use night nappies. In an emergency a well stuffed large pocket.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Ittis didn't last long in the day for us, so no way would they have done a night.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:26 am

Emma1977 wrote:For pockets I would recommend Petit D'sous supersoaker bamboo inserts

Another vote for PD inserts here!
We use them with our TB bamboozles overnight (similar to LL bamboo) and together they are a 13hr widdle proof combo!
Also use them as inserts in my WN's for the day - still great then!

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:29 am

We use PD inserts in our day pockets now as DS is now outpeeing mf. Overnight he's not too much of a heavy wetter so I'm currently using bamboo sandy's boosted with 2 Little lamb bamboo boosters.

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories