hf1

Rochley Bamboo cloths

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Rochley Bamboo cloths

Postby mabo » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:28 pm

I stumbled across some packs of Rochley Bamboo Cloths in Tesco today, and as they were on sale for half price (£0.85) I bought 2 packs. They are 5 Bamboo Thick Multipurpose Cloths - I've just unwrapped them and seem ok. Has anyone used these before to make boosters?
It says to 'hand-rinse and re-use' - I guess I'll chuck them in the washing machine first to see if they survive that :D

Failing that I can always use them for their intended use in the first place :lol:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Rochley Bamboo cloths

Postby nic1 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:34 am

mabo wrote:I stumbled across some packs of Rochley Bamboo Cloths in Tesco today, and as they were on sale for half price (£0.85) I bought 2 packs. They are 5 Bamboo Thick Multipurpose Cloths - I've just unwrapped them and seem ok. Has anyone used these before to make boosters?
It says to 'hand-rinse and re-use' - I guess I'll chuck them in the washing machine first to see if they survive that :D

Failing that I can always use them for their intended use in the first place :lol:

How did you find them? :D

My avatar
EeeGee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby EeeGee » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:57 am

I haven't used them myself BUT I have just been recommended to buy them (well I was told the "chunky bamboo cloths" are these the same?) for boosting my Tots Bots fluffles (which I will be using on my DD along with a wool wrap for bedtime)

My friend who recommended them says they are great for boosting :) She did mention that they shrink a teeny bit in the wash, but not to a huge noticeable degree!!

Can I ask where you found them? I've only seen a 2-pack in Tesco and since we do our shopping online, don't fancy doing an online shop just for them! :lol:

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:30 am

Ah yes - I've just had the pleasure of washing them as Joshua had an accident yesterday and I needed something absorbant and they were lying close :lol:

Euhm, not sure to be honest - they came out of the washing machine looking all straggly and torn apart :shock: not quite sure how to describe it. They didnt keep their shape as it seems they are just fibres pressed together as opposed to spun.
I dont know how they would be if sewn onto fleece with crosscross all over though...

These were from Tesco, but they dont seem to have them anymore either. They just have the chunky bamboo cloths now, 2 in a pack.

So the jury is still out. I might sew them onto fleece and see how they resist that - but dont have too much hope :lol:

My avatar
EeeGee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby EeeGee » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:47 pm

DOH! Well, the chunky ones are the ones that I was told to get.... she said they wash well, only shrink a little.

Are the ones you have "white jay cloth" type? The reason I use quote marks are because these are the ones my friend said not to get :lol:

Sorry you had no luck... still at least you have some eco-friendly dishcloths!!

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories