hf1

Easy Peasy (EP) bamboo, what're they like?

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Easy Peasy (EP) bamboo, what're they like?

Postby Mareth » Sat May 22, 2010 1:34 pm

I know that a lot of people (me included) know and love the EP hemp boosters, but does anyone have any of their bamboo ones? What are they like?

They're obviously considerably cheaper than Petit Dessous (I'm sure that's spelt wrong :oops: ) ones, but does that reflect in the quality?

Thanks

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Easy Peasy (EP) bamboo, what're they like?

Postby lazylexis » Sat May 22, 2010 7:28 pm

They aren't as thick as pd folded double but a lot thicker than the little lamb boosters.i like them and use them with the hemp in my bumgenius.they aren't quite as long as the ep hemp inserts tho.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat May 22, 2010 7:30 pm

They're fab for absorbency but really slow to dry and not long enough in my opinion... If they weren't as wide and were a little longer instead they'd be perfect, mine are the same size as the hemp ones... But I have two slightly different sizes of hemp ones :?

They're not as absorbent as PD I think - I can put just a pd in a nappy on Grace and have it last 3hrs but there's no way an ep bamboo would last that long, it would need the hemp under it...

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat May 22, 2010 7:37 pm

Hmmm, I already find the EP hemp quite short, I normally use one of them with something the full length of the nappy (normally either a mf insert or an ikea nackten towel), so if they're only as long as the hemp, if not shorter then they'd be no good I don't think, in a large nappy.

Are PD's really worth the money they cost?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sat May 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:Hmmm, I already find the EP hemp quite short, I normally use one of them with something the full length of the nappy (normally either a mf insert or an ikea nackten towel), so if they're only as long as the hemp, if not shorter then they'd be no good I don't think, in a large nappy.

I think so, I don't use anything else in my pockets now. I'm sure I saw them discounted somewhere recently, I'll have a look.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sat May 22, 2010 7:41 pm

Louise wrote:
Geordie_Girl wrote:Hmmm, I already find the EP hemp quite short, I normally use one of them with something the full length of the nappy (normally either a mf insert or an ikea nackten towel), so if they're only as long as the hemp, if not shorter then they'd be no good I don't think, in a large nappy.

I think so, I don't use anything else in my pockets now. I'm sure I saw them discounted somewhere recently, I'll have a look.

Ooh, if you manage to find out where, that'd be fab!

Thanks all btw :D

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Sat May 22, 2010 8:57 pm

I'm not sure if you can buy them anywhere without buying the nappy yet but the new wonderoo V2 has a trifold bamboo insert which is the same width as the PD one and I love it - if they are available to purchase and are cheaper than the pd ones then I will definitely be getting some! I won the wonderoo from babykind to go in my demo kit but have only used the insert so far :)

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Sat May 22, 2010 10:39 pm

I really loved the Green kids bamboo inserts, very very absorbent

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories