hf1

Leaking wet bags?

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Leaking wet bags?

Postby ramsons » Sat May 29, 2010 7:53 pm

What have I done? My pul wetbags seem to be leaking through the sides (not the seams and not the zips).
They are washed in with the nappies so they have a cold rinse and then wash at 40, sometimes a rinse after. Sometimes I use vinegar in the rinses. I have use ecover liquid/powder and co-op powder. They are line dried.
I have both not posh pul bags and some posher.
I've looked at them and can't see any holes or anything.
I don't want to buy any more if something I'm doing is killing them... dh ever complained about it today
...any suggestions??

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Leaking wet bags?

Postby angelsquidge » Sat May 29, 2010 7:55 pm

Have you tied giving them a blast in the tumble dryer to re-seal the PUL?

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Sat May 29, 2010 8:00 pm

angelsquidge wrote:Have you tied giving them a blast in the tumble dryer to re-seal the PUL?

we don't have a tumble drier so that could work our expensive :giggle:

Is that likely to be it? I will need to find someone with a tumble drier or I guess I could go down the launderette. How long/what temp does it need to be?

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Sun May 30, 2010 10:02 am

Sounds like it.....they wont need long on a hot tumble. I used to take mine to the laundrette before getting a dryer at home.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun May 30, 2010 11:16 am

would the radiator work? or a blast with a hair dryer?

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Sun May 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Not sure you'd get enough heat from the hairdryer but the radiator might work.....you'd have to be careful that the bag didnt stick to it though lol!

I'd take the bags for a spin in the laundrettes dryer....they're only about 20p for 5 mins, you can get about a tonne of laundry into one and you'd probably only need 10 mins as they're a lot hotter than domestic machines.

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Sun May 30, 2010 6:21 pm

angelsquidge wrote:Not sure you'd get enough heat from the hairdryer but the radiator might work.....you'd have to be careful that the bag didnt stick to it though lol!

I'd take the bags for a spin in the laundrettes dryer....they're only about 20p for 5 mins, you can get about a tonne of laundry into one and you'd probably only need 10 mins as they're a lot hotter than domestic machines.

I was pondering an iron on low as well, or has anyone done that and melted one? The only thing I've melted before was the snap on a hemp insert which had snaps when i was trying to iron them dry in a hurry. I've never tried it on anything pul.

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories