hf1

Minkee - How does it work

My avatar
KittyMay
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Minkee - How does it work

Postby KittyMay » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:47 am

Was just wondering if anyone could tell how minkee differs from fleece?
We had our first leak this morning from a minkee lined WNNN, now I KNOW it was because it didn't fit correctly, I chanced it, because I was too tired to jiggle it around :oops: That will teach me, as she was in bed with us when it leaked :giggle:
Anyway as I have been using some cream on her bottom recently (with a liner) it prompted me to run the insert under the tap to see what happened and the water just collected ontop of the insert. I got some gorgeous fluffy post this morning, all minkee so I decided to try that under water and again it just collected ontop of each I tried.
So what I would like to know is how does minkee keep them dry, I can understand fleece as when I tried that, the water went straight away.
Most of my fitted and night nappies are minkee and those that aren't I use minkee liner and Katies bottom is very dry when I take the nappy off, so how does it work?
Hop you understand that waffle :oops:
Wendy x

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Minkee - How does it work

Postby jan3182001 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:03 am

minkee does stay a little wetter than fleece as some of the moisture is held between those fine fibres
It probably also needs a bit of pressure from a bottom to help start the moisture wicking though

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Minkee - How does it work

Postby flutterby » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:12 am

New minkee will have oily stuff on it from the manufacturers (to make it extra soft) this stuff is evil, on a couple of occasions when I've used an new minkee lined nappy and Summer has done a wee it's just poured out of the leg holes :shock: :shock: but after a prewash it works beautifully, provided you havent got a build up of detergent of used softener I imagine you just need a bit of pressure to make the wee pass through the minkee ;)

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories