hf1

Inserts/Boosters

My avatar
mrsbrightside
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Inserts/Boosters

Postby mrsbrightside » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:46 am

I have lots of random and differnt brands of insterts/boosters... Leighton is a heavy wetter and normally have to double boost so for example 2 microfibre insterts. Now I dont know is im expecting him to leak so im over stuffing if that makes sense? Ive been buying slimer fitting pockets and find it hard to "double" stuff so to speak and was wondering if there was a slimer booster that I could use that would work the same as 2 iykwim?

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Inserts/Boosters

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:49 am

I find hemp and bamboo a lot better than MF.
Little Lamb do Bamboo boosters, we love them here :wine: £12 for 10 which is a good price. Or Nappy Garden sells them individually

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:52 am

The best combination of inserts for a heavy wetter is a petit dessous bamboo insert with a hemp booster (I use easy peasy) behind it. The petit dessous itself is a double insert. They are a little on the expensive side but so worth it for a heavy wetter. Her pockets last as long as the fitteds with them in.

I would be someone who has trouble stuffing pockets but find them easy to put in together.

Ditch the mf anyway. Useless for heavy wetters

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:53 am

I love little lamb boosters as well but I didn't find them enough of a boost with the mf insert.

My avatar
mrsbrightside
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mrsbrightside » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:01 am

dawnsmummy wrote:I find hemp and bamboo a lot better than MF.
Little Lamb do Bamboo boosters, we love them here :wine: £12 for 10 which is a good price. Or Nappy Garden sells them individually

will have a look there thanks

I had a feeling the MF wouldnt be great for him but thats what ya seem to be able to get cheaper... i do have some bamboo ones...its always the insterts when I get confused :hohoho:
monsterm wrote:The best combination of inserts for a heavy wetter is a petit dessous bamboo insert with a hemp booster (I use easy peasy) behind it. The petit dessous itself is a double insert. They are a little on the expensive side but so worth it for a heavy wetter. Her pockets last as long as the fitteds with them in.

I would be someone who has trouble stuffing pockets but find them easy to put in together.

Ditch the mf anyway. Useless for heavy wetters

I dont mind paying for them if they are going to do a better job.. we had 2 nappies leak on us yesterday which is a pain, it doesnt help he wriggles so trying to get a nice fit is a nightmare at times so wont just blame the inserts lol

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:09 am

MF squishes if it gets sat on etc, and squeezes the liquid out. I often use a little MF 'booster' (A cut up MF towel lol) in Dawns wet zone, just to get a bit more... umph! :hohoho:

Today, have sent her with a BG in her bag for nursery with a hemp booster on the bottom, then the BG one, then a bamboo one on the top. Hemp is slowler to absorb than Bamboo or MF so it's best on the bottom. The BG one is only left in there because she's gone through a super wetter stage of out peeing all her pockets which are normally fine for a couple of hours :roll: .
We normally use YoYoo which are bamboo pockets, boosted with an extra LL bamboo booster and they'll last us 2 hours minimum. The other day I, for some reason, put 4 nappies in my bag. I'm glad I did as she out peed them all to the point where I had to let her run around bare bummed at Nanas house before we went home, for fear that she'd out pee the last nappy I had left and we'd have no nappies for the car trip home :shock:

My avatar
mrsbrightside
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mrsbrightside » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:23 am

the past two days hes out peed everything.. i need to have a look at my bosters and see what ive got. ive just set him up with a bambo one on top n MF under would that work well together

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:48 pm

Another vote for PD inserts here, its the best IMO :wink:

My avatar
mrsbrightside
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby mrsbrightside » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:28 pm

well he managed a good 3 and a half hours using a bamboo on top and MF on the bottom so much better... I def need to buy more bamboo and hemp then..... def going to purchase some PDs ta xxx

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories