hf1

Which changing bag?

My avatar
New2this
Clothie
Clothie

Which changing bag?

Postby New2this » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:04 am

Hi all, I'm new to the whole cloth nappy idea and am wondering what changing bag to get. My current one is fine for disposables, but is not machine washable so I can't imagine carting dirty nappies around in it (unless they're bagged in layers of plastic which defeats the purpose :lookround: ).

I'm looking for one that will clip on to the buggy and is messenger style so that the OH will use it. I am imagining that you need a bigger changing bag for cloth, as you don't get rid of the when used. I presume it has to be machine washable. I have seen bags like jujube, skip hop, lassig - are only of these suitable?

I saw monkey foot bags mentioned on another thread - I presume that you just put wet stuff in this and then into another bag. Totally clueless here.

Thanks for reading and your ideas.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Which changing bag?

Postby clothmama » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:18 am

Hi, to be honest I just used my same Graco changebag I'd used for my first (who was in dispos). Monkeyfoot are wetbags and as you say they are used in addition to your change bag. They are waterproof and sealable so that is where you pop your used nappies to transport home. You may find that you are OK with the changebag you have - just buy a wetbag for out and about. If your changebag is really small you may find it not enough but I'd get the wetbag then see how you get on.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:23 am

:wave: and welcome to the tree!

Yes, the idea is to have a wetbag that you can then pop either on a pram or into a changing bag. Or any other bag, TBH. I have wet bags by Wee Notions and Nappies by Minki. They're different sizes, which was handy as I sometimes need a larger wetbag if we were going to be out for longer. I gave up on changing bags pretty quickly and just used whatever bag I fancied. I have a messanger bag from Approved by Kayleigh (a WAHM on here) that was perfect as a changing bag. It's useful to have more than one wetbag, for when the other is in the wash. Both mine have drawstring closures to stop honking escpaing.

My avatar
New2this
Clothie
Clothie

Postby New2this » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:24 am

Thanks clothmama! I don't know where to begin with buying for this. I will get a monkey bag so to start. All the patterns are lovely though - new dilemma, LOL! I read somewhere on here that I would probably put 1 ton of waste in landfill and it's made me rethink what I am doing. Thanks.

My avatar
New2this
Clothie
Clothie

Postby New2this » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:29 am

Thanks soupdragon, love the name - reminds me of the 90s!
I like the prevents 'honking escaping' - describes it perfectly! I'll check out those different companies :-)

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories