hf1

Tell me about wetbags

My avatar
twm
Clothie
Clothie

Tell me about wetbags

Postby twm » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:32 pm

I am just converting to cloth. I have seen some people post that they use the monkey foot wetbag instead of a bucket. this sounds like a good idea to me - easy to wash when needed - but this is a very expensive wetbag! are the other (cheaper) ones just as good but less pretty, or would you really need a monkey foot to contain the smells etc? My other half is fairly anti cloth, so I have to get whatever will minimise smells, but also have limited time with twins and a toddler to wash a bucket when I could just stick a bag in a machine. thanks :)

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Tell me about wetbags

Postby chocmuffin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:41 pm

:wave: I've got monkey foot wet bags for when out & a bucket for at home. I do leave any wet nappies I have in the bag till I do a wash & I would say some smell does escape so I personally am sticking to my bucket that doesn't leak smells at home :D

I got my bucket from thebabycatalouge & find it to be bigger than the mothercare ones. Holds 2 days worth of nappies for my 2 LO's, so about 16 nappies which is the perfect wash size for my machine. Once the nappies are in the machine I just spray the bucket with anti bac & give it a wipe over with kitchen roll, easy!

:lol:

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:45 pm

you will be able to use any large wet bag hunnie. i know BG do them. xx

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:47 pm

Most wetbags are only big enough to hold 6-8 nappies maybe a few more i.e. a days worth. I only wash every 2-3 days so need one that will hold more like 18-24 nappies. So if you are looking to use wetbags instead of buckets then you need to be looking out for a very large bag. Swaddlebees do one I believe that holds up to 2 days worth of nappies but other than that I can't think of any others other than Monkeyfoot or Weehugger that would be big enough.

My avatar
twm
Clothie
Clothie

Postby twm » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:01 pm

And I'd like to hold enough for twins... so I guess a big bucket is best and a large bag (but not extra large) bag for out and about?

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:05 pm

yeah that could be the best! i just use a normal bin with lid from wilkies and put a cloth with tea tree oil in the bucket. this is antiseptic and covers the smell. i just rinse it out with plain water after every wash load and then once every couple of weeks i put a bit of disinfectant in it. x

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:51 pm

The large Close Parent bag is huge and easily holds 2-3 days worth of nappies for us, very good for in the house. We use Monkey Foot bags for out and about, gave up on a bucket long ago as found the bucket stayed smelly after a few months, but we can wash the bags!

My avatar
Codcheeks
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Codcheeks » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:03 pm

I use a 25 ltr bin with a mesh laundry bag inside at home. The bin was about £8 from Tesco & the mesh bags are about £3.50 from Weenotions. It holds 3/4 days worth of nappies so would be fine for twins in cloth. (I also have 3 monkeyfoots that I use for out & about and 1 for the gym :giggle: )

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:13 pm

I have a small foot pedal bin with a laundry mesh in for home. We have it in the downstairs cloakroom, and I don't have an issue with smells. It holds about two days worth, and when the nappies are being washed I take out the bucket part of the bin, and hose it off in the bath. I also have some laundry pail sanitisor.
We have a couple of Tots Bots wetbags for out and about/swimming etc.
And a small monkeyfoot wetbag for wipes, lotion, hand sanitisor etc.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories