hf1

Re: Disposable Liners - updated P1 with info from Boots.

My avatar
ulig
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ulig » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:04 pm

What are your experiences with the Tots Bots and Bambino Mio dispoable liners?
Right now I'm using the Popli liners which I really like, but the box is almost empty and I don't know if it's worth ordering a new box, because DS is close to potty training. The Tots Bots and Bamino Mio I could just get at Tesco and wouldn't have to pay extra for shipping.

ETA: Velvetsteph: I've added my reply from boots further down.
Last edited by Velvetsteph on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to add the response from boots.com

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Disposabe Liners

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:03 pm

The bambino mio ones were like tracing paper... Well ok so not THAT harsh but not soft...
I use the boots ones, they're super soft!

My avatar
ulig
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ulig » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:55 pm

Can you wash and reuse the Tots Bots ones if they are only wet?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Disposable Liners

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:06 pm

I've never used the tots bots ones but I've washed the boots ones 3-4 times before they fall apart ;)

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:The bambino mio ones were like tracing paper... Well ok so not THAT harsh but not soft...

Boots won't admit what their liners are made of...

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Disposable Liners

Postby vampiredreams » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:22 am

We use the mio ones and although they are not the softest, they do wash 3-4 times and get softer with each wash....I agree with Nappynutter in that Boots WILL NOT let on why theirs are so soft too.... :evil:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:03 pm

nappynutter wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:The bambino mio ones were like tracing paper... Well ok so not THAT harsh but not soft...

I've had a reply from Boots - seems they have no problem 'admitting' what their liners are made from...

Hi Mrs James

Thanks for contacting us recently about our disposable nappy liners. Please accept our apologies for the length of time it's taken to get back to you.

After contacting our Product Team, they've confirmed that the liners are made from a woven Polypropylene (Corovin).

Thanks again for getting in touch and I hope this information is useful to you and if there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Hope that information is useful to others.

My avatar
josina1986
Clothie
Clothie

Postby josina1986 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:59 am

Would disposable liners be suitable for a toddler? (I'm new to the world of reusable nappies :oops: )
I have got a 2 year old son and just bought some pocket nappies on here, they come with one insert but with the test nappy I bought a few weeks back (Hippobottomus) we have been using two inserts and changing after 3 hours, could I use a reusable insert and a disposable liner together?
Hope this isn't a silly question but I have no idea!

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
nappynutter wrote:

I've had a reply from Boots - seems they have no problem 'admitting' what their liners are made from...

Hi Mrs James

Thanks for contacting us recently about our disposable nappy liners. Please accept our apologies for the length of time it's taken to get back to you.

After contacting our Product Team, they've confirmed that the liners are made from a woven Polypropylene (Corovin).

Thanks again for getting in touch and I hope this information is useful to you and if there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Hope that information is useful to others.

I asked them what else was in them and they said they were not prepared to disclose that information. I'm not the only person who has been told that either. Quite a few nappy networks and projects won't use them for this reason.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories