hf1

Using ZORB or bamboo as homemade insert/booster?

My avatar
adonoghue
Clothie
Clothie

Using ZORB or bamboo as homemade insert/booster?

Postby adonoghue » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:07 pm

I'm thinking of getting some ZORB and/or bamboo terries and cutting it up to use as boosters. Good idea bad idea? I'm sure it has been done!
I could even get really fancy and sew a layer of Zorb between two layers of bamboo :wink:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Using ZORB or bamboo as homemade insert/booster?

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:41 am

:thumbsup: good idea

don't forget the bamboo terry will need sewing as it will frey. you can buy the fabric from eco earth fabrics and other retailers, although i've been wondering myself whether buying bamboo terry squares and cutting them up is cheaper since the fabric is quite expensive, but haven't looked into it yet. bamboo fleece is also good for outsides of boosters/inserts.

adding zorb in is also a very good idea. you could always try some zorb II which is already sandwiched between other fabrics but it seems near impossible to get at the minute.

My avatar
adonoghue
Clothie
Clothie

Postby adonoghue » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:02 am

thanks tiyuricc,
I saw 5 x 50cm bamboo terries listed in classifieds for £10. That seemed good...?
bamboo fleece sounds nice and comfy for DOs, if I'm ordering the Zorb anyway. any idea where I could look for the Zorb 2?
have to go over to my mum's to get on her sewing machine :giggle:

My avatar
New2this
Clothie
Clothie

Postby New2this » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi, I was wondering can you help me? I bought zorb and bamboo fleece and not sure exactly what to do with it. I have a sewing machine, not an overlocker, but I want to try to make my own inserts/boosters.

Tiyuricc, Would it be possible to use bamboo fleece instead of terry? Thank you.

Adonoghue, I only saw zorb 2 on the wazoodle site, I don't know how long it takes to deliver from US.

My avatar
Soozi
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Soozi » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:37 am

I normally stock Zorb but I'm out of stock at the moment , I plan to get some in soon but by the time it arrives I suspect it will be September.

And yes use bamboo fleece instead of the terry - a lot of nappy makers do this

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:32 am

I have some for sale if you still need some.
http://www.littlegumnut.co.uk/shop/prod ... roduct=104

My avatar
New2this
Clothie
Clothie

Postby New2this » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Thanks Soozi!

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories