Anyone washed their paper liners??

My avatar
olliesmummy
Clothie
Clothie

Anyone washed their paper liners??

Postby olliesmummy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:49 am

Hi there,
I was just wondering if any of you have washed their paper liners before, I use the Biodegradable ultra nappy liners. I read that if your lo has just wet it then you can wash them and use them again maybe just for one use.
I didn`t realise this and am now nearly at the end of the roll :( which is a shame i`m now thinking the roll could`ve lasted twice as long. Nevermind!! :?

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Anyone washed their paper liners??

Postby Shevi » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:01 am

yup all the time.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:14 am

yep all the time here too they come out really soft.

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:20 am

Is that also with the ones that are supposed to be flushable?

I was talking about it with my friend the other day as I have a whole roll unused because I use fleece. I thought I'd gotten them confused with normal wipes (ie Johnsons) not the flushable ones as we thought they would just disintegrate in the washing machine?

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:25 am

mabo wrote:Is that also with the ones that are supposed to be flushable?

I was talking about it with my friend the other day as I have a whole roll unused because I use fleece. I thought I'd gotten them confused with normal wipes (ie Johnsons) not the flushable ones as we thought they would just disintegrate in the washing machine?

I'd think that the flushable ones wouldn't hold up very well. I have also washed disp wipes and they come up really soft too. Is that what you meant?

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:34 am

beck wrote:I'd think that the flushable ones wouldn't hold up very well. I have also washed disp wipes and they come up really soft too. Is that what you meant?

Yea the disp wipes work well in the washing machine to reuse, but I wouldnt like to try a flushable paper liner in the wash? So was wondering what kind of paper liner they were referring to, the flushable ones or the nonflushable ones?

My avatar
olliesmummy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby olliesmummy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:11 am

It`s the flushable ones that I mentioned about but it says that they are soft paper nappy liners that can also be used as a wet wipe when wetted. It`s flushable, biogradable and compostable. It also says if just wet it`s possible to wash with your nappies and reuse once or twice.

So am going to give them a go and also i have a few packs of diposable wet wipes which i`m not going to waste but will defo be washing them if they just have wee on. Very happy now!!! I feel like I`m certainly trying to be a eco friendly mummy!!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:53 pm

paper liners can be chucked in the nappy wash and used again probably once - but never tried more (little lambs roll and perhaps PHP), the Boots ones are perfect for washing over and over and over again and just get softer and softer. Disposable wipes also go through the washing machine fine.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:23 pm

I used to use my wet paper liners several times, pooey ones obviously went down the loo. But occasionally I would put wet ones on the compost - wee is apparently great for your plants :wink:

We don't use paper liners anymore and it certainly saves money

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories