hf1

Liners, liners, liners!

My avatar
pebbles08
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Liners, liners, liners!

Postby pebbles08 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:17 am

We use fleece liners on ds; and I am starting to get nappy leakage. I'm thinking this is possibly be down to him starting to get bladder control, holding it and then doing a massive wee; and the fleece not being able to wick it quick enough. Im really reluctant to go back to paper liners; so has anyone got any bright ideas? I saw a listing for minkee liners, are these going to be any better?? :-?

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Liners, liners, liners!

Postby queen bee » Wed May 11, 2011 10:25 am

pebbles08 wrote:We use fleece liners on ds; and I am starting to get nappy leakage. I'm thinking this is possibly be down to him starting to get bladder control, holding it and then doing a massive wee; and the fleece not being able to wick it quick enough. Im really reluctant to go back to paper liners; so has anyone got any bright ideas? I saw a listing for minkee liners, are these going to be any better?? :-?

I had to stop using fleece liners with Lily for the same reason. I'm not sure about the minkee liners, but I imagine they might have the same problem as the fleece. Why don' you want to use paper liners? I like them - you can just flush away any poop. Or how about using a really thin booster on top to catch any solids and protect the rest of the nappy. It would have immediate absorbancy but would be easy to remove and get rid of any solids.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Wed May 11, 2011 10:40 am

I dont use liners anymore, I dont have too much trouble with fleece topped inserts in my AI2s but I do have some trouble with minkee lined pockets (I find fleece is better than minkee as an inner when it comes to leaking/wicking) I do use a lot of OBV topped boosters and inserts now as its highly absorbent, of course it means T is stripping out of his nappies almost as soon as hes peed because he can feel the wet but I dont think thats a bad thing as he can relate the "need to pee" feeling with feeling a bit damp.
I just tend to be sure to have a fleece lined AI2 or similar on him for poop time!

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Wed May 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi

Was having same problem with minki lined nappy and was advised I could put some small slits in the fleece accross the wee-area to channel the wee through (ruins your nappy but prevents the wee running out) The technique was to fold in half lenghtwise and cut small slits horizontally (if that makes sense). Expect this would work for fleece liners?

L.

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories