hf1

Inserts dilemma!

My avatar
lairomem
Clothie
Clothie

Inserts dilemma!

Postby lairomem » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:17 pm

I'm having a dilemma! I need some inserts for my WNs since prefolds aren't cutting the mustard anymore but I don't know what to get! Are the WN inserts best? I can't decide if I want bamboo, hemp or something else. My only hesitation with hemp is the pre-wear prep (already made the mistake of washing them for the first time with my other nappies :oops: ). What do you like best?

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Inserts dilemma!

Postby mabo » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Well the WN inserst are meant to fit into your WNs soooooo that would be the logical thing to do. I have a entirely bamboo insert for my NightNotion which works really really well and a MF/Bamboo for one of my WN Pockets, that one also works really well.

But for my other WN's I tend to use a Cotton Babies (BG manufacturer) MF square with an EasyPeasy Hemp insert folded into it.

I think Bamboo towelling is more bulky than the hemp fleece as I orderd an insert with hemp fleece for my SIL and really liked the look of it compared to the bamboo I have.

Not really sure if that has answered your question though :lol:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:27 pm

I use a variety of inserts with mine but mainly 50cm bamboo terry squares and Ellas House Hemp inserts along with a few WN bamboo inserts. You could try and get some preloved hemp inserts, try posting a message in the wanted section or look on used nappies. I managed to pick up some Ellas house ones fairly cheaply from there.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:27 pm

Like Marijke we used something similar for pockets - I used a fuzzi mf insert with an easypeasy hemp insert...

As for not washing 1st time with your nappies - altho' you're not 'supposed' to alot of people did and didnt' find it made any difference :lol: but the 12washes to full absorbency takes some going - but of course you can use them before that you'll just have to change a bit more frequently...

I also liked using a combination of bamboo and hemp, my 1 daytime weenotions insert is 1/2 hemp and 1/2 bamboo and works really really well...

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:31 pm

my all time fave combination is a bamboo ptits dessous insert and a microfibre insert (fuzzi for example), I do like the blueberry hemp/micrifibre combo inserts too and the wee notions ones are geat aswell!
I also use bamboo terries (40 x 40) and they work fantastically too

jan x

My avatar
lairomem
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lairomem » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:07 pm

You ladies rock!! Thanks for all the advice, I'm now on a hunt for some lush new inserts. I hope I get some soon... I want to try my beautiful new WNs on DS!

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:45 pm

Have you thought of combining a microfibre insert with one of your prefolds? I do that inside a Minki fleece pocket at night for my daughter and it works really well. Didn't get on very well with a minki hemp insert, but might just be me. I also use bamboo prefolds as night inserts for my little boy - I love bamboo! :)

My avatar
lairomem
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lairomem » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:03 pm

I love bamboo too! A friend of mine is making me a bamboo-fleece and bamboo-terry prefold, I'm super excited! I've never tried hemp, but MF inserts always leaked on me so I've been a bit hesitant to use them again. Hmm. Decisions, decisions! I just bought some hemp-fleece boosters to try out inside my cotton PFs and some hemp fitteds so I will have to see how they compare to my bamboo. I'm so indecisive!!

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:08 pm

Well, microfibre inserts *on their own* have always leaked for me as well. But when I put them together with a prefold, they're super. So might be worth a try anyway. :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories