hf1

Favourite flushable liners?

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Favourite flushable liners?

Postby macmomo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:45 pm

just thought a quick poll might be useful - I'm looking for your favourite flushable liners. If they're washable for a few washes too then that's worth knowing.

thanks - just getting prepared as the BLW begins! the carrot chunks this morning made me remember I'd been meaning to get round to buying some liners for the last 6 months.

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Favourite flushable liners?

Postby doobykat » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:07 pm

My favourite ones, for softness and durability were the ones that came with my nappy set (Little Comfort nappies).
But if you're thinking of washing them anyway, I'd probably say stick with washable ones. They're much softer on little botties and seem to keep them much drier.

My avatar
macmomo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby macmomo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:19 pm

thanks, but definitely need some flushable ones for this stage - I was picking chunks of carrot out of the washing machine filter this morning (poo is still too wet for the lumps to 'flick' off). Nice! I need to keep DH on side, too - he's happy to use terry squares all the time but the chunky poo filter might make him wibble.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:34 pm

I've always loved our tots bots ones.
We use fleece liners 99% of the time - but did use paper lines during initial weaning & at nursery for DS.
The tots bots ones are super soft, on a roll % a perfect sizze for most of our nappies.
(ittis were the exception - they are super slim, so the liner needs to be folded a bit length ways - otherwise it hangs out)

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:36 pm

i bought some Popli (made by popolini) which are washable and last ages. however i've not used them as we use fleece ones. DD is doing baby led weaning atm but we are finding the washing machine is coping okay with the fleece. it might be a different story when we take DD to nursery in a few weeks - i'm debating whether to use fleece or paper liners at nursery... good luck!

My avatar
cumbrianlass
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby cumbrianlass » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:33 pm

I'd never even considered giving nursery paper liners - oops maybe I should have, but he only goes a half day a week and they have been doing ok with my fleece ones. Well, when I say ok I mean they just take nappy off and stick it in a bag and I sort it out at home later. :puke:

We still get sticky poo as T drinks so much juice. I just hold the end of the liner and then flush the loo over the top of it, rinses it off a treat. Only managed to flush one once. ( & I have a sceptic tank so who knows what it is doing in there now :shock: ) Fleece helps keep them drier too, as is water repellant.

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:11 am

We use tots bots in all nappies. Super soft & containment of DS fruit poo-plosions is really good!
Incidently, DS hasn't had any nappy rash, which he'd always have with the lining of any pocket nappy.

My avatar
ruth+daisy+poppy
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ruth+daisy+poppy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:04 am

Tots bots for def - they are so soft but don't last through the wash.

My avatar
jobeama
Clothie
Clothie

Postby jobeama » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:16 pm

We use close parent ones on our pop-ins, they're ok to wash twice but no more & get softer after being washed :/ we've also got little green athletes which are nice & soft & also ok to wash twice but never washed more than that, got some tots bots to try next :)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories