hf1

Disposable or washable liners - pros and cons?

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Disposable or washable liners - pros and cons?

Postby Mungo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:44 pm

Another vote for fleece :-D

My avatar
Robins_Mummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Robins_Mummy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:44 pm

Thanks for all the answers :thumbsup:
So for exclusively breastfed poo, are liners needed/useful, or..?

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:29 pm

Hello :wave:
What nappies are you going for?
I find fleece liners are a fab stay dry liner. I used to feel the fleece and think dd hadn t wee d and then realise the nappy was really wet. Some have built in stay dry layers so you don t need it for those eg pocket nappies or ittis.
I found paper liners caused mine nappy rash as they just cling to their bottom. It can be useful to just chuck the poo but poo never stays neatly on the liner!
Fleece liners you just have to use the loo to flush the poo off , just remember to hold on! :hohoho:

My avatar
Robins_Mummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Robins_Mummy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:31 pm

Nic_1 wrote:Hello :wave:
I find fleece liners are a fab stay dry liner. I used to feel the fleece and think dd hadn t wee d and then realise the nappy was really wet. Some have built in stay dry layers so you don t need it for those eg pocket nappies or ittis.
I found paper liners caused mine nappy rash as they just cling to their bottom. It can be useful to just chuck the poo but poo never stays neatly on the liner!
Fleece liners you just have to use the loo to flush the poo off , just remember to hold on! :hohoho:

I'm using a mix, at the mo I have some pockets, and some AIO/SIO .

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:29 pm

I now use little lamb paper liners which are really soft. Used fleece and minkee, but with the fruit poo plosions my two do, cleaning was a nightmare. Highly recommend them

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:24 am

Robins_Mummy wrote:
Nic_1 wrote:Hello :wave:

I'm using a mix, at the mo I have some pockets, and some AIO/SIO .

I don t use any liners in my pockets or ittis as they have a stay dry layer anyway and that's all I use it for. I Didn t try paper liners in those but as I said them just seem to crunch up and stick to their bum.
I use fleece liners with my prefolds.
Xx

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:51 am

Robins_Mummy wrote:Thanks for all the answers :thumbsup:
So for exclusively breastfed poo, are liners needed/useful, or..?

My DD is :bf: and I use liners in my fitted nappies as a stay dry barrier and also to stop bf poo staining the nappies :lol: I don't need to deal with flushing the poo down the loo yet, as the consistency is so runny that it would be a job trying to get it off :lol: so they are just popped in the washing machine on a cold rinse before the proper wash, and that sorts the poo out.

The best fleece liners I have used are the ones from Little Lambs - they don't bobble, haven't stained and are fluffy and soft, whereas the ones Iv'e had from Ebay are already looking a bit grotty. Definately worth paying a bit more and getting ones that will last imo :)

Sadie xx

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories