hf1

I need a Nappy Wet Bag - What Should I Buy???

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

I need a Nappy Wet Bag - What Should I Buy???

Postby becsom » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:49 pm

If I'm going to do the cloth nappies properly (and full-time), I really need a wetbag but haven't a clue what is good or bad. I'd probably only need one that would hold 2-3 small/medium nappies for now as I'm never away from home for that long. Can anyone recommend something that has worked for them - functionality more important than looks at the moment.

Also, while I'm asking questions, what do you do with a big poo if you are out and about somewhere that you can't wash stuff off into a loo easily??? Do you just wrap everything up into your nappy, put in wet bag and do it when you get home? I only ask cos when we were out today, DD2 did an enormous sloppy one (in a disposable) and I couldn't figure out what I would've done if she'd been in cloth :?

Thanks

Becky x

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: I need a Nappy Wet Bag - What Should I Buy???

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:17 am

Weenotions ones are bomb proof - they do a small and a large and it sounds like the small would be perfect for your purposes...

Poos I used to just wrap up in the nappy, and stick in the wet bag... Sometimes I would double wrap them - stick them in a biodegradable nappy sack and then in the wet bag for smell reduction purposes!! :lol:

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:10 am

Have to say that we love our weenotion wet bag as well. We have the large one, which can fit 5-6 in it, so I think you could probably get away with the small one.
If I'm in a place where I don't have access to water, then I will just wrap it all up in the nappy and deal with it when I get home. I sometimes use a sink to wash off the last bits of poo, then make sure I wash down the sink properly so no one else has to deal with it.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:59 pm

I have a great Mommy's Touch wet bag which is zipper fastening which I really like, it is a small one and probably holds 4 nappies but is good for daytrips.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:08 pm

Annette wrote:I have a great Mommy's Touch wet bag which is zipper fastening which I really like, it is a small one and probably holds 4 nappies but is good for daytrips.

That would be my preferred one too.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:31 am

Mine is a smaller one too by Nappies by Minki - holds about 4 nappies I would say, but tbh I rarely take it with me as it hangs nicely off the nappy stand and is full of washable wipes :lol: Its a nice bag though.

As for when Im out and about, if Im changing her in a changing room with a loo I plop the pooh in the toilet and wrap the nappy around itself, into a ball, and pop it a compostable bag I get on a roll from Tesco, do the same for wet nappies too, then when I get home I throw the nappies into the nappy bucket and the bag into the compost bin.

HTH - Sadie xx

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:36 pm

I have a upsydaisy one, they were on offer. Tis good.

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories