hf1

Boosters and inserts.are they the same?

My avatar
ALL5
Clothie
Clothie

Boosters and inserts.are they the same?

Postby ALL5 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:24 pm

I have received my LL newborn nappies and my BG pockets for when baby is a little older....LO will be arriving next week so the fun will begine.

I am a little confused about the difference between inserts and boosters...are they the same thing.

It is fairly obvious that the BG are going to have to be boosted alot but how do I know what to boost them with...ie the right size, or is there a 'right size'. I have the inserts/boosters that came with them but for night time etc would LL bamboo booosters work, the ones that they have for sale on their site rather then the ones that came with my size on nappies. Would I be able to increae absorbancy with the size one boosters that I got with my LL? I want to get some Zorb material also but how do I know what size to cut them to?

novice question I know :)

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Boosters and inserts.are they the same?

Postby monsterm » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Inserts are the absorbant bit of a pocket nappy whereas boosters just boost the absorbacy. You could not use a booster instead of an insert.

What material little lambs did you buy? Are they cotton, bamboo or microfibre? Little lamb bamboo boosters are fab. You could use the size 1 LL boosters in the BG but the size 2 are a better fit. To increase absorbancy in the BG, use Easy Peasy hemp boosters & Little Lamb bamboo boosters.

Does that help?

My avatar
ALL5
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ALL5 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:59 pm

I bought mostly bamboo nappies from LL, with a couple of cotton. Got them in the sale. I have to say I am very impressed with them so far, so soft and fluffy.

So for my BG. they have an insert that came with them...but would it be enough to use this and boost it, or should I be looking to buy a more absorbant insert for nights and boost this? I think the fiber is some sort of micro fiber terry?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:20 pm

For night you may well need a fair bit more boosting or even a dedicated night nappy. The inserts that come with nappies aren't usually enough so need to be boosted, hemp or bamboo is best x

My avatar
ALL5
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ALL5 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:24 pm

So should I be using a diferent insert for nighttime, like bamboo, and then boost this?

can you recommend a night nappy. I haven't really got that far in my research but like to try and get ahead.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:58 pm

Little lamb bamboo should be fine for night time when the baby is small. You'll probably be changing baba in the night for a few weeks anyway. You should consider using wool instead of pul wraps with your little lambs as well because wool is breathable so allows some of the moisture to evaporate.

When baby gets a bit bigger (from 3 mths onwards), you'll probably need to consider dedicated night nappies (such as weenotion night nappies, holden's landing bedbugs, luscious little somethings night nappies, puddlekins night nappies, little gumnut all hours). Boosted day nappies usually only work for the lightest of wetters & fitted night nappies with wool are far far more absorbant than a boosted pocket nappy. If you want to try boosting your bumgenius, I would take the microfibre out completely and use a petit dessous double bamboo inserts with a easy peasy hemp & little lamb bamboo booster (this is what we used during the day for my superwetter). If that doesn't work, then you need a dedicated night nappy.

My avatar
ALL5
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ALL5 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:46 pm

thanks so much for that ladies...it is now all cleared up, in theory anyway !

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories