hf1

What is wrong with my fleece liners?

My avatar
Azalea
Clothie
Clothie

What is wrong with my fleece liners?

Postby Azalea » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:40 pm

I've read a few posts on this issue. Some saying that fleece on fleece is counterproductive and others saying that they wick the wee back. We have a 3 week old in BG v 4 by day and eccobots bamboo overnight. Both are fleec lined and every time we use a fleece liner ds seems wetter than without. The BG's are already getting stained which is why I want to use the liners.

Any ideas?

Thanks and sorry for typos etc - typing on phone!

Xx

Ps apologies if you've already read this...I accidentally posted it in someone else's thread - the curse of the phone posting!

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: What is wrong with my fleece liners?

Postby KimmyM » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:55 pm

I said in the other thy I use minkee liners from WN not sure if they would help but I'd be happy to send you one to try.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:33 pm

I've never had a problem using fleece liners with BGs. This may sound stupid but are you sure you don't have them in the wrong way?

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Is there a wrong way with fleece??? Mine are the same on both sides!

I have no problem with fleece on fleece, and do it quite a lot...but I find some fleece lined nappies are not the same as fleece liners...they are quite drying on my Ds's bum, whatever they are, so perhaps that is it? I don't find the wee wicks back at all, after all, it is only a piece of fabric!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:13 am

Yes fleece does have a wrong & right way. Little lamb fleece liners are the exception to this. If you were to make a pair of trousers with fleece, the right side with the pattern is the side you would want on the outside. This is the waterproof bit so the pattern needs to be face down on the nappy with the wrong side next to baby's bottom.

Does the way I explained it make sense?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:08 am

I never bother which way round i put my fleece liners in bg etc and never had problems with wet skin.

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:53 am

my fleece is all the same on both sides??? even my blankets and clothes that are fleece..hmmm...must be several kinds.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:14 am

It is very hard to see it when the fleece is new Mudita but the top becomes bobbly with washing.

My avatar
Azalea
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Azalea » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:14 pm

Ah, didn't realise there was a right and wrong way around - mine are white so just to check, do I put the bobbly side next to babies skin on facing the nappy?

Thanks a lot - I knew I must be missing something!

Xx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories