hf1

Inserts? eBay?

My avatar
Luvbug
Clothie
Clothie

Inserts? eBay?

Postby Luvbug » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi, I'm not even a new cloth user, as I don't yet have any nappies! I'm waiting for some to try in the post... I have ordered a couple of eBay cheapies with one microfibre insert each, but people seem to agree that MF inserts aren't great. So, my question is what sort of inserts should I use and can I get them cheaply on eBay/ the classifieds? I have some prefolds and some shaped terry nappies that I was given but never used - can I stuff my pockets with these?
My little girl is nearly 11 weeks and seems to pee quite a lot.
If my eBay nappies seem a bit leaky and rubbish, is it likely to be the insert that's the problem and should I just try some other inserts?
Thank you lovely ladies!!

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Inserts? eBay?

Postby ImisMummy » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:46 pm

We use prefolds to stuff our ebay cheapies and put the MF inserts ontop of the prefold inside the pocket. We have a heavy wetter but this combo lasts us aout 1-2 hours

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Inserts? eBay?

Postby eviesmummy » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:27 pm

I use a combo of microfibre on top as that absorbs the wee quickly and then a bamboo or hemp booster or 2 underneath as these are slimmer and more absorbant. I use Little Lamb Bamboo boosters and Easy Peasy Hemp boosters - both are about £2 each new, or you could put a wanted ad up in classifieds :)

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories