hf1

Best booster for a super soaker

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Best booster for a super soaker

Postby mrstessyman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:21 am

OK, I am a little confused - what is the best for a super soaker (booster or pocket insert) microfibre, hemp or bamboo - or a combination? or does it literally depend on each child?

Its just I cannot find anything online with ratings etc on how absorbent they are compared to each other (Kittykins does a star rating on the nappies but not the boosters/inserts).

(I have cross posted this so sorry if you see it more than once)

Thanks

:pregnant:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Best booster for a super soaker

Postby Annette » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:25 am

hemp and bamboo are the most absorbent for their size but hemp is quite slow to absorb so you do need to combine it with something else to soak up quickly. I like a hemp and bamboo combination for night nappies for example, others combine hemp and microfibre. I don't find microfibre on it's own absobent enough.

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mrstessyman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:28 am

thanks :) so basically I should get one of each and see which combination works for day and night times! :wink:

i had a feeling they would bepretty much the same but figured it would be best to ask people their opinions/experiences before i buy anything!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:44 am

I use a lot of the easy peasy hemp boosters and any bamboo I have, but I don't like bamboo by itself as it goes very soggy and looses shape. It is a matter of seeing what works for you and lots of fluffy shopping

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mrstessyman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:32 am

AnnetteandBen wrote:I use a lot of the easy peasy hemp boosters and any bamboo I have, but I don't like bamboo by itself as it goes very soggy and looses shape. It is a matter of seeing what works for you and lots of fluffy shopping

:lol: I think if I spend any more money this week hubby will kill me! (have spent a horrendous amount on nappies this week, but it was too good to pass up!) Now just got to sell some baby clothes & highchair before I can buy anymore!

Kerry
:pregnant:

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories