hf1

Changing bags, how much?

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Changing bags, how much?

Postby mabo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Right, I've decided that I need another changing bag... I currently use the one that came free at Boots with P@mpers (bought in my pre-cloth days :oops: ) but its not big enough most of the time if I go out for the day and end up with loose cups of drink etc

And I've decided it needs to be a purdy one too :mrgreen:

However all the ones I have seen and like are £50+.... is that too much to spend on a changing bag?

Some of my favourites can be seen here: http://happybags.co.uk/index.php

Part of me thinks its MADNESS to spend that much on a changing bag, but then part of me thinks: If I'm spending a fortune on nappies anyway, then I might aswell have a nice bag to carry them around in :twisted: and afterall, this is a bag I take practically everywhere with me everyday...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Changing bags, how much?

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:42 pm

:shock: YES that's WAAAAAAAAAAY too much to spend on a changing bag!! :shock: Especially (for me) as I'm super skint :lol:

With your sewing skills could you not make a fabulous bag for yourself?

Even my fabulous Kecci Mommybag didn't cost me anywhere NEAR that much!! I'm not sure I'd spend over £20 and that would be spending more than my mommybag (tho' I did get a good price on that)

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:44 pm

I don't think £50 is too much on a bag that you really like. But you could try picking one up cheaper on ebay??

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:22 pm

I think they over price these nappy bags as they know mums will pay for them. I got a M&P one matching the pram for £35 but i shopped around for it, in M&P themselfs wanted £55 for it! To be honest it's not even that good :roll: But i cant justify buying another whilst this is ok.

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:16 pm

£50+.... is that too much to spend on a changing bag

well if you use it every day then no. it isnt too much.

would like one from there aswell but cant decide which, plus i'm currently using a bag from tesco that cost about 7 quid but it does the job - though i do like the idea of coloured linings so i can see what i'm lugging around!!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:42 pm

:shock: £50 on a change bag :shock: Im not a bag person so that sounds shocking to me, Im using a Primark one that fits everything in, with cream lining so I can see whats what, I think it cost under a fiver :mrgreen:

But then, if you are into bags and accessories and will be using it everyday, and can afford the £50 then why not - one of dhs cousins spent over £1000 on some designer bag a few weeks ago, she had to tell us all that it was a designer and just how much it cost though, I wouldnt have known any different :lol: Could have been Pri-marni for all I know :lol:

Sadie xx

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:15 pm

£50+ is really not so bad...and you get good money for nice 2nd hand bags on ebay now days, i have got most (and in one case actually more) of what i paiid back on ebay.
and you will use it everyday...and it will give you great joy (bags do that you see :))

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:19 pm

I went though a changing bag phase, I have 4, 3 jujubes, and an oioi, the 4 of them came to a total of £200 :shock: it makes me cringe when I think how little money we have now, but I love my bags, and always get comments on them, and as I will have carried them around for at least 4 years by the time I stop I think it wasn't the worst investment I've made! I'm actually looking to sell one if your interested, it's only been used a handful of times, was £70 new!

Its the one on the left!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:35 pm

Is it this one? http://www.ju-ju-be.com/bespicy.html
Looks very pretty - why are you selling it? Because you have too many? Is it big enough to hold a days worth of nappies and drinks bottles etc? :lol:

Sorry for the many questions! :oops:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories