hf1

Non greasy nappy creams?

My avatar
Lynni
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Non greasy nappy creams?

Postby Lynni » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:39 pm

I have mainly fleece for my liners as I've heard they are kinder to bums and to me it makes more sense on the whole cloth saving money front than having to keep buying paper....

I keep reading about non-greasy bum cream tho, what are these generally, I assume sudocream, zinc and castor are out?

My avatar
mrstessyman
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Non greasy nappy creams?

Postby mrstessyman » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:49 pm

Lynni wrote:I have mainly fleece for my liners as I've heard they are kinder to bums and to me it makes more sense on the whole cloth saving money front than having to keep buying paper....

I keep reading about non-greasy bum cream tho, what are these generally, I assume sudocream, zinc and castor are out?

The only non greasy cream i know of is metanium - but it is def. not good with cloth as it sticks to everything! have you looked on the kittykins website at the bum creams there?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:37 pm

Not entirely sure greasy is the problem - I found sticky was the problem! We don't use sudocrem anyway (allergy) but it does tend to clog liners if used incorrectly (put on thicky)... As with all nappy creams it should be put on in a thin layer and you should be able to see the skin through it :)

But yes any sudocrem like (i.e. zinc based) creams are quite heavy but before we realised we had a skin problem with it we had no trouble with our liners :)

Personally I really like the angel baby bottom balm as it's quite magic :)

My avatar
nicola g
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nicola g » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:04 pm

I use weleda calendula bum cream on Dafydd and no probs with the nappies and i dont use liners either.

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:22 pm

Not a real nappy cream but weve found the dream cream from lush is fab on sore bottoms!! It's not greasy either and does'nt seem to clog the liners.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:48 pm

I use sudocrem on Ben whenever he shosw any signs of redness, it seems to clear it up very quickly. But as pp says I only use a little bit and make sure I rub it in well and it hasn't affected any of my nappies.
have also used weleda, metanium and camilosan in the past the same way with no probs - I think it is definatelt how you use it rather than the cream itself.

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:51 pm

Bepanthen is another non greasy cream- it's very affective and you only need a little bit. It's also great for healing tattoos lol!

If you're after something more natural though, you can't go wrong with Treehuggaz Wondabalm. It's lovely and the scented one smells so yummy! Its made with coconut oil so is oily in that way, but not greasy if that makes sense!

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:12 pm

I use natural child's nappy balm on Matthew and have never had any problems.

Joanne

Return to Cloth Nappy Accessories