hf1

New family member :)

My avatar
cath
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

New family member :)

Postby cath » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:44 pm

We sadly lost one of our dogs last week to liver cancer. I am devastated and at the moment, can't face getting another but the house just seems too quiet with only one dog. So we have decided to get a blue and gold macaw parrot :yahoo: I have wanted one ever since I was small but it has never really been the right time with one thing or another. But now Charlotte is a bit older & we only have the one dog, I think we now have the time needed to devote to it & DH has said I am allowed one as long as I do all the work. I went to see a breeder today & have put down a deposit on a tiny chick that is only a few days old. It won't be ready to come home until at least Christmas as they take a few months to wean but I am sooooooo excited. The breeder is only 15 mins away so I can visit regularly and she is going to send me picture updates too. At the moment, it is the ugliest little thing in the world-they look like little aliens to start with but it is going to be beautiful. At the moment, I dont know whether it is male or female as they need to be sexed via DNA so we are waiting on the results & then I can start picking out names :D Counting down the days to Christmas now....

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: New family member :)

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:03 pm

Wow!
Beautiful, how exciting :)

So sorry to hear about your dog though :( sending :hug:

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple