hf1

Hello and Goats!

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Hello and Goats!

Postby charliesam » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:18 am

Hello all- it is a very long time since I have posted on CNT- my youngest Sam is now 10 :shock: and doing fine. I had been lurking a little then was tagged on my birthday. Hope everyone is well. The reason I am posting is that we are soon getting 2 goats! My middle ds who is 16 is obsessed with goats and was promised 2 if he did well in his exams- he did v well so we have 2 kids coming in about 1 month. We are waiting for them to wean, they are a boy and girl and are gorgeous. I just wondered if anyone had had goats and if so any tips. I am hoping they will keep our garden down and the field around our house- it is completely overgrown at present :oops:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Hello and Goats!

Postby confusinglady » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:03 am

:wave: hello!
Welcome back!
No idea about goats though..... I'd love some too!
Lots of pics please :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:41 pm

I'll be back later with my details of my goats when i was a kid :love: - just wanted to say I hope you have good fences :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:05 pm

clothmama wrote:I'll be back later with my details of my goats when i was a kid :love: - just wanted to say I hope you have good fences :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

I grew up with 2 as well, Sam and Guinness. Beware they will eat anything including washing off the line and putty from around the windows :hohoho: they make fantastic pets and cause hours of hilarity :giggle:

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:06 pm

take it im the only one with a goat phobia :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:59 pm

I know nothing except that goats will eat and climb anything!!! However, I'd quite like one (if I had a field to put it in)!!!

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:02 pm

We are going to see them and learn how to trim their hooves tomorrow. We are waiting for them to self wean from mum so will be a about a month before we went them. Can’t wait gives us some time to goat proof our field

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:06 am

A field sounds like you have some good space for them! I had 2 goats when I was a kid - Bubswee and Carl. Carl was my brothers goat - a grey boy with a hair lip bless him and Bubswee was mine - a lovely white angora mix - they were both from wild goats that my step dad had killed the mum hunting (goats are an enormous ecological issue in Australia - they just kill all the fauna which has never developed to animals with hooves!) not realising there was babies so bought them home for Tim and I! Tim soon got bored so I swapped him a pack of UNO cards and carl was mine too :giggle: I loved them and they me! Then when they got a bit older Carl started escaping and jumped all over the Jaguar my step dad had and caused thousands of dollars damage to the paint :doh: :doh: He then got sent to live with a flock of sheep away from the house! He used to still come running up to me years later to say hi though :love: They have so much personality!

Take some pics for us @charliesam

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Image Image

Pics of goats
We are getting the black one and the white one. Mum is the brown one she is called beans. Any name ideas ?they are a boy and a girl

Next

Return to Pets