hf1

Feeling outdated with music. Suggestions?

My avatar
Gladys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Feeling outdated with music. Suggestions?

Postby Gladys » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:38 pm

Old ones are the best. Led Zepplin... you can't beat em. None of the following are particularly new in (in fact they're not new at all!): Kasabian, Radiohead, Muse, Yeah , Yeah Yeahs. ~What are you into now? I have sadly turned into a radio 2 listener. I remember my mum used to listen to radio 2 and I swore I never would as I got older!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:00 pm

flutterby wrote:Black stone cherry?

Ooooh never heard of them - off for a listen, cheers!

Hard to say what I'm into now really - I listen to all sorts really which doesn't help!! I switch between Genres from day to day :lol: Some days it's northern funk, some days it's Red hot chillis, some days it's Muse, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Film soundtracks, Classical, Classic Rock, World music.... I think the word eclectic might be used here :lol:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:12 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
flutterby wrote:Black stone cherry?

Ooooh never heard of them - off for a listen, cheers!

Hard to say what I'm into now really - I listen to all sorts really which doesn't help!! I switch between Genres from day to day :lol: Some days it's northern funk, some days it's Red hot chillis, some days it's Muse, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Film soundtracks, Classical, Classic Rock, World music.... I think the word eclectic might be used here :lol:

They are one of my favourite bands but I can't really offer any other suggestions, they are about the only newish band that I like, oooo, thought of another, check out our lady peace, they are amazing!

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby justme123 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:15 pm

Second (third!?) for black stone cherry :-)

What about them crooked vultures? I'm also quite enjoying Audioslave atm.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Ooooo I love audioslave

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:36 pm

Any interest in a bit of Ragga punk? try Skindred.
I m liking a bit of Noah and the whale at the mo also the new foo fighters album. Also DH keeps playing Scrobious pip at the mo.
There we go that's a bit of a mix for you :wink:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:56 pm

Nic_1 wrote:Any interest in a bit of Ragga punk? try Skindred.
I m liking a bit of Noah and the whale at the mo also the new foo fighters album. Also DH keeps playing Scrobious pip at the mo.
There we go that's a bit of a mix for you :wink:

Ta :lol:
Skindred - not really my thing, was fun having a listen though :)
Scrobious pip - not heard of either kinda fun :) Bit too 'streets' for me though

Our lady peace - fab!
Black Stone Cherry - also fab!

Noah and the Whale is ok - bit too white stripes though I guess :?

Hmmmm guess I'm pickier than I thought :giggle:

My avatar
mummy2threeboys
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mummy2threeboys » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:47 am

Anyone recommend any songs by our lady peace or black stone cherry?

I mainly listen to staind, nickelback, kings of Leon and the killers.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:45 pm

Tangential and not really metall-y but I loved the Villagers album from last year. Am listening to PJ Harvey a lot at the moment (which of course has a rock vibe and she won the Mercury with it) and also Metronomy (another Mercury nomination but much more funky, more like Hot Chip). The bloke from Hot Chip also has some new stuff out but can't remember his name, but heard the single Gabriel and it's ace (if you google you should find it), and Gruff Rhys who was with the Super Furry Animals has a new album out which is also worth a listen.

Folky wise Laura Marling has a new album out, and similarly lovely is King Creosote and John Hopkins. Also check out the Concretes altho they aren't a new band either (altho I've only just happened upon them)

Not sure what you can get of them online (maybe try mySpace) but there's a local band here called Blood Oranges who are EXCEPTIONAL - their song French Word for Love has been on repeat in my car for the last six months.

On the rock side I like the Joy Definitive who are Dave Grohls New Favourite Band :wink: Arcade Fire's album from last year is great if you like them. I also liked I am Kloots album.

I can't bear Noah and the Whale..... :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Music