hf1

HELP curly purly wool soaker

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

HELP curly purly wool soaker

Postby Aeseldyr » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:00 pm

I have started knitting a curly purly wool soaker but I just don't understand the terms used :panic: :giggle:
I think I get it until where it says something like "Knit from start of round to first marker (right hip). BO 5 stitches. Knit to 5 stitches before hip marker (left hip), BO 5 stitches." after I have done that everything goes wrong :hohoho:

http://www.curlypurly.com/pdf/soaker.pdf

But how? I knit on regular needles (long so they can hold the stitches but not the round needles).
Have anyone tried knitting these and maybe can help me a bit?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: HELP curly purly wool soaker

Postby sim » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:19 pm

This pattern is for knitting in the round

CO 64 [72,80,88,96] stitches on needles 4 sizes smaller than you would use to make gauge.
join and mark start of round.
Your start of round marker will be your center back.

It won't work on straight needles. Sorry :(

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:29 pm

sim wrote:This pattern is for knitting in the round

CO 64 [72,80,88,96] stitches on needles 4 sizes smaller than you would use to make gauge.
join and mark start of round.
Your start of round marker will be your center back.

It won't work on straight needles. Sorry :(

Thank you so much Simone :cnthug: I had a Danish translation and it said it could be knitted on those needles for socks - me thinking not round but straight :hohoho: the learning curve is steep :giggle:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Get yourself some circular needles - it's a great way to knit and all I ever do. I hate seaming with a passion!

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:02 am

I am so lucky that I have inherited a whole bag of needles (round and normal) - just have to find the right one in there :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:21 am

I havent' done a lot of knitting yet but I really enjoy circulars and tend to use them even when thye are not needed, thye just feel safer from dropping stitches etc :lookround: :giggle:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:24 am

If you already know how to knit, using circulars is fine. It just means you keep knitting round and round instead of back and forth :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:47 am

littlesez wrote:If you already know how to knit, using circulars is fine. It just means you keep knitting round and round instead of back and forth :)

You can also use the for flat stuff - you just don't join and turn around at the end of each row :giggle: :knit:

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:21 pm

clothmama wrote:
littlesez wrote:If you already know how to knit, using circulars is fine. It just means you keep knitting round and round instead of back and forth :)

You can also use the for flat stuff - you just don't join and turn around at the end of each row :giggle: :knit:

I used the circular ones for a shawl and its (sort of :giggle: ) flat :thumbsup:

Return to Knitting