hf1

When did you start going to groups?

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

When did you start going to groups?

Postby ponygirl » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:45 pm

My lo is nearly 9 months now and I just wondered when everyone started taking their babies out to toddler groups? She doesnt see any other kids atm so am thinking it would probs be good to start soon. Would be good for me too as I dont have any mummy friends..... :(

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: When did you start going to groups?

Postby mudita » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:52 pm

a few weeks old? certainly 9mths is a great time!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:58 pm

We went to a baby group from about 3 months and more around 9-10 months.

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:00 pm

mudita wrote:a few weeks old? certainly 9mths is a great time!

I think Cara was 3wks when I started taking her to the local baby group & 6/7wks when I went to toddler groups! I have meet a lovely group of friends and see them prob 3/4 times a week. 9mths is perfect to start as they can start to explore different surroundings and get alot out of it, and as you say it would be good for you too! :thumbsup:

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:03 pm

mudita wrote:a few weeks old? certainly 9mths is a great time!

had a feeling i had left it quite late! did to baby massage when she was a few months but when that stopped we didnt do anything else. Now I am more or less settled at work in new job think we need to get out. Im always a bit scared of joining already formed groups though... :oops:

My avatar
yellow45
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby yellow45 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:03 pm

I took Toby at 6 wks, but that was a group especially for babies. We ventured out to more toddler groups at about 7/8 months. If you find a good group, you can make some very good friends very quickly.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:26 pm

We went to baby groups, massage from being tiny. Started toddler groups once she was mobile, 9 months is a great age to be starting new groups, hope you both make lots of new friends :D

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:29 pm

we went at about 3 months, but like you found it hard to make friends, not just people you'd say 'hi' to. Then I did a weaning workshop which was a bit naff in itself (did you know how to peel and boil a carrott?!!) but made some good friends who i keep in contact with even now, 2 years later! I think those parent focused interactive groups are great for getting you talking to each other insted of just to your child.

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:43 pm

I only started going to groups with DS3 when he was nearly 2 :oops:

I did try the local mother and toddler group when he was about 5 months but it was very cliquey and I was pretty much ignored :(

The local childrens centre started a stay and play session at DS1 & 2's school and because I knew some mums from the playground we got on much better there.

With DD I took her to the same group when she was only a couple of weeks old!

X

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler