hf1

When did you start going to groups?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: When did you start going to groups?

Postby monsterm » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:00 pm

I started bringing Maddy to a toddler group at about 14mth & she went right up until she was 4. I started going to the same group again when I was pregnant with Amelie. We really love it.

It takes a little time to get to know people. I know we might seem quite cliquey to some people but we always try to include. The regulars that go to my group have been going for 5-6 years so we know each other very well & spend our time nattering & sometimes you don't see a new person straight away. Don't let that put you off, it does get easier.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:15 pm

I went to NCT bumps and babies when DD was 2 weeks old, then was running it by the time she was 3 months :giggle: she outgrew that group about 7-8 mths so then I started at toddler group.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:18 pm

I think I started going to a group when the Mouse was about 3 months, mainly so I was sure to get out of the house. We also went to clinic, and then started a sign and sign course when she was 7 months or so. We wanted her to be used to other babies and other grown ups.

I'll carry on my normal routine as much as I can when Peanut arrives and so he'll be going from a few days old!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:55 pm

Is there a local children's centre nearby? They often do activites out and about even if the centre is not really close.
Am I remembering correctly that you are around Norfolk?
Xxx

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:03 pm

At 3 weeks we started going to 'new mums' group. At 9 months I think we were doing a couple of different groups, Story & Rhyme and Early Explorers. My DD was a late walker though and it never occurred to me to take her to 'toddler groups' until she started 'toddling' :doh: We now go to a few groups and find that there is often a babies area so ideal for a wide range of ages :D

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:04 pm

I started with India at about 6 weeks I think. Max has always gone as it's a part of our routine now. I have met some really great friends through toddlers but like someone said, you have to keep going to get to know people.

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:02 am

My lo not really toddling yet bluebell but she would be too old for baby groups i think. Also seeing others moving around may make it click for her, shes trying really hard to move but just doesnt get anywhere!

Have pmed you confusing lady!

Well am going to see if i can get sorted to go next week, know there is a group on a tues and a different one on a fri, both fit around work so will try to get to at least one of them next week and see how we get on!

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:34 pm

i love our baby groups! i had a bit of depression in the early days so went to a group every day, even though DD was only a few weeks old. she didn't get much from these groups but i did! now she's toddling (15 months), toddler groups are perfect as she gets bored of our toys in the house and it's great for me to go out. i think 9 months is great to start going to groups as your LO can explore and crawl around a bit more and play with new toys. enjoy! xxx

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:50 am

Just bumping my own thread again as now feeling the need to be getting out and about with lo, feeling a bit like its ground dog day at home. Got the complication of having my 4 year old at home for the summer though which will make groups more difficult. I never really found a good group for her in the end and am feeling nervous about doing it all again, especially as I have been excluded from a few things recently has left me feeling a bit lonely and :(

Wish me luck!

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler