hf1

Poop

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Poop

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:21 am

or lack of it. William hasn't pooped for a week now :( I think he is really uncomfy, he was awake and crying last night and when DH was rocking him you could hear his belly bubbling and growling, I actually thought it was DH's.
He has been having tiny amounts of carrot and apple as he has reflux, not 3 meals a day or anything just and ice cube worth once a day, he hasn't had anything for the past couple of days to see if he pooped but he hasn't.
He isn't sleeping really well, he used to go 6 hours between going to bed and his first feed of the night and then 4-5 hours after that but now he just wants to be at the breast all the time, sometimes I latch him on and he goes right to sleep, move him and he wakes :roll: Sometimes it gets to the point when I just can't stand to feed him any more and I feel like I have nothing left to give him :(

Oh and I would kind of like a sex life back but fat chance of that happening :oops:

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Poop

Postby Rox » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:36 am

Awww, poor thing... It can be normal for BF babies to poop less often, 1week isnt uncommon but if he is uncomfy with it then you could try a warm bath followed by a tummy massage and leg cycling to loosen things up... a tiny bit of fresh orange juice in water is also supposed to help them go. I am sure he will get it out today/tomorrow - they usually do sort it themselves tho they can be grizzly building upto it.

As for the sex life, get it when you can i say - dont wait for bed time as you'll be too tired :giggle:

Hope he is back to his usual self soon xx

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:40 am

We are taught that breastfed babies can go up to 10 days but that's only fully breast fed babies. I would certainly stop the carrot and Apple and give it another day to see if it helps. Holly's tummy makes a lot of noise sometimes but she poops for England :roll:

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:41 am

For the constipation - have you tried offering him water as well as boob? Might help a bit. Keep a diary of what you are eating to see if there is any pattern.
As for the constant feeding - Dot was still feeding every 2 hrs night and day until about 3 wks ago, despite having 3 solid meals a day! She has now cut back the feeds during the day, she only asks to be fed when she is bored :roll: but she still feeds roughly every 2 hrs through the night. Our sex life is a case of 'grab it when you can' !

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:44 am

I was told to try dialuted apple juice or prune juice as orange apparently can cause reactions.
We did alot of tummy massage and warm baths here too.
Hope LO is more comfortable soon.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:49 am

he has always been a once every 2 days pooper. He hasn't had anything to eat for a couple of days but of course now his reflux is bad again :(
We do the bath, massage, leg cycling every night always have done as part of his routine as we have to massage his wonky foot. I am sure he will go soon, must be horrid being bunged up though, he does try, I can feel him bearing down at times.

Grab it when we can I wish, H gets home from work, kids bath and bed time, I feed William for up to 2.5 hours, our dinner time then bed!!!! Doesn't help that I feel like a huge great big squishy blob of flesh but that is another winge lol

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:53 am

When Ewan was small we had lots of issues with wind etc (his was linked to a tongue tie but continued after it was snipped as we never quite undid the bad habits from tongue tie and I had a fast letdown as well (apparently - I could never feel it) and he gulped a lot of air when feeding.

I saw an osteopath which helped and he showed me a particular spot on his tummy to massage which helps moves things on. If you lie W naked (with a terry or towel underneath to catch anything!!) on the floor or bed with feet towards you find a spot about two of your finger widths below and two to your left of his belly button and massage it firmly in a clockwise direction (finding the exact spot takes some slight adjustments as each baby is a different size :giggle: but you should find a little place that is a bit tense on their belly diagonally to your left of the belly button).

I used to alternate this with whole tummy (I L U) massage and leg cycling /putting both knees to his belly and about 10 minutes of this routine used to produce LOTS of parps and (if needed) a mahoosive poo from Ewan (though the poo often arrived a while later, usually in a fresh nappy).

:hug: :hug:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Oh hun, I hope he goes soon. We are having wind issues here too, Dh want's to get some Infacol or Coileif but I'm not convinced they actually help but he feels he's at least trying to help.

You're doing all that you can by the sounds of it, maybe you could ask your h/v if he doesn't go in a day or so? Emmet is pooing faster that I can feed him :roll:

I think the squidgy blob of flesh is in your mind only and even if it wasn't, you're a gorgeous fab squidgy blob :wink:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:46 pm

is he on meds for his reflux??? I know gaviscon can bung them up.

Poor W, A had problems wiht constipation a few weeks back and she was in so much pain and couldn't even feed properly. We worked out it was her colic stuff so changed it and we haven't had a problem since. We did all the bath,massage, leg cycling too :hug:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler